Things that please me.

Started by Vlad, August 24, 2024, 03:07:03 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

It's my 80th Birthday next month and our 54th wedding anniversary next week, I have been doing a stock take of my life, remembering all those people who have arrived in my life, those that have left and moved on to the final RV and those things that have pleased and still please me.

My Good lady, who still makes me laugh and holds my hand in bed.
My grandchildren, intelligent, well mannered and in good jobs and who actually talk to me.
Smoking my pipe in the garden with my dog next to me watching the birds on the feeders
A pressed lightly starched white shirt when I go out
Waking up in the morning and still breathing
Meeting up with military friends at the breakfast club once a month.
Having dog on my lap, snoring and farting while I read a good book and drink a beer.
Not having to get out of bed in the middle of the night to have a pee.
Tomatoes from the greenhouse, sliced on whole meal bread with fresh basil
Boobs...I had to add that,  sorry, I was born bald, chubby with a breast fetish, I haven't changed in 80 years.
Life is not too bad for Vlad.
What pleases you, brings a smile to your face and a sigh of contentment?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on August 24, 2024, 03:07:03 PMIt's my 80th Birthday next month and our 54th wedding anniversary next week, I have been doing a stock take of my life, remembering all those people who have arrived in my life, those that have left and moved on to the final RV and those things that have pleased and still please me.

My grandchildren, intelligent, well mannered and in good jobs and who actually talk to me.
Smoking my pipe in the garden with my dog next to me watching the birds on the feeders
Having dog on my lap, snoring and farting while I read a good book and drink a beer.
Boobs...I had to add that,  sorry, I was born bald, chubby with a breast fetish, I haven't changed in 80 years.
Good heavens!  Aren't you old?  I thought I was old at 72.

Anyway, I find this description of the many good things in your life very gratifying, especially the sentence I have highlighted because I enjoy the same love of a good woman (a different one of course) who I'd never want to change.

In comparison to your life, I don't smoke a pipe (or anything else), but I do have to get out of bed in the early hours to have a pee, though having done that I'm usually alright until we wake up at the usual time.

I, too, like to watch the birds coming to the feeders every day and happily top them up regularly.
On the other hand, a DOG!  Oh my God, I couldn't possibly.  I'd have to get up every day to take it for a shit 'walk'.  We are far more fortunate in having two cats who, being superior animals, are capable of going to the toilet outside on their own, digging a small hole and then filling it in having done the necessary.  I strongly recommend cats for that and many other good reasons.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: Vlad on August 24, 2024, 03:07:03 PMIt's my 80th Birthday next month and our 54th wedding anniversary next week, I have been doing a stock take of my life, remembering all those people who have arrived in my life, those that have left and moved on to the final RV and those things that have pleased and still please me.

What a lovely post, Vlad.   
Such a pleasure to see someone who appreciates what they have, instead of constantly complaining about their lot.

Like JBR,  I loved what you said about Mrs. Vlad holding your hand in bed, too.  I am a  old softie for things like that. 

As for your last line I have hi-lighted - "What brings a smile to your face?" -  Well you do,  lots and lots of times over the years I've known you.

I'm going all mushy now . .   where's me hanky . . .  I'm off . . . 

Vlad

Quote from: JBR on August 24, 2024, 03:32:44 PMGood heavens!  Aren't you old?  I thought I was old at 72.

Anyway, I find this description of the many good things in your life very gratifying, especially the sentence I have highlighted because I enjoy the same love of a good woman (a different one of course) who I'd never want to change.

In comparison to your life, I don't smoke a pipe (or anything else), but I do have to get out of bed in the early hours to have a pee, though having done that I'm usually alright until we wake up at the usual time.

I, too, like to watch the birds coming to the feeders every day and happily top them up regularly.
On the other hand, a DOG!  Oh my God, I couldn't possibly.  I'd have to get up every day to take it for a shit 'walk'.  We are far more fortunate in having two cats who, being superior animals, are capable of going to the toilet outside on their own, digging a small hole and then filling it in having done the necessary.  I strongly recommend cats for that and many other good reasons.
72? You are still a bloody teenager! Thank you for your comments, I don't do cats 😂

August 24, 2024, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: Mups on August 24, 2024, 03:42:44 PMWhat a lovely post, Vlad.   
Such a pleasure to see someone who appreciates what they have, instead of constantly complaining about their lot.

Like JBR,  I loved what you said about Mrs. Vlad holding your hand in bed, too.  I am a  old softie for things like that. 

As for your last line I have hi-lighted - "What brings a smile to your face?" -  Well you do,  lots and lots of times over the years I've known you.

I'm going all mushy now . .  where's me hanky . . .  I'm off . . . 

thank you Mups, we go back a long way through many forums, I have always appreciated the chats we have had. 🥰

dextrous63

What a lovely post from a lovely fella Vlad.

Have always appreciated your offbeat view on things, positive outlook and ripping yarns.  

I never knew you were so, er, aged.  Long may you continue although, in fairness, one can't but help think your wife needs a well earned rest🤭😉

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 24, 2024, 04:19:32 PMWhat a lovely post from a lovely fella Vlad.

Have always appreciated your offbeat view on things, positive outlook and ripping yarns. 

I never knew you were so, er, aged.  Long may you continue although, in fairness, one can't but help think your wife needs a well earned rest🤭😉
I think you are pretty cute too Dex...😉 compliments from people I  respect and admire always mean a lot to me, so thank you. Mrs Vlad has been my rock, following me around from one posting to another, one country to another being there when I came back from NI with bits missing and a bad atittude, a damn good women who I am now losing because of her Dementia. 

dextrous63

Did I know that about her???  Either way, sorry to hear that Vlad.  Must be tough.

Vlad

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 24, 2024, 05:42:00 PMDid I know that about her???  Either way, sorry to hear that Vlad.  Must be tough.
This thread has taken off into a direction I did not plan for that I apologise it was intended to be somewhat light hearted.. this is the first time I have mentioned anything about my wife and I really don't know why I mentioned it.  ...it's difficult now, but we are coping. There are more pluses than negatives at the moment.
Anyway back to the topic

What pleases you?

GrannyMac

Waking up in the morning, knowing we are both still here. Having enough money to pay the bills and occasionally treat the grandkids.  First cup of tea in the morning, usually made by OH.  Getting in the pool twice a week for an exercise class and stopping for coffee afterwards.  Pottering in our little garden. I'm not far behind Vlad agewise, been with OH over 60 years, 57 years of those married and we still get on (most of the time!). 

Our adult children, who've made their way in the world despite their parents. ☺️ I'm a glass half full person, this thread appeals to me and I could add lots mire, so thank you Vlad.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Poached egg on toast.
Seeing an email from the National Lottery.. Hoping..
But discovering it is a 3 pound win.
My grandchildren.. Remembering their little hands in mine..
Hearing the Righteous Brothers 'You've Lost That Loving Feeling.'
Having a garden.. Finding something to do on a boring day.
Having something to look forward to.
The excitement of Christmas Eve .. I am a child at heart.
Walking .. without my bunion throbbing..
When I cut my fringe straight .
Just being here.. healthy..

All the best to you Vlad..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Really nice post Vlad :upvote:
I hadn't realised you were that old :grin:
Same as others on here, my garden, my grandson, my old friend meet ups, plus my old car I'm so glad she's still going and I hope that she'll 'see me out'  :cool:

Vlad

😂😂😂 loving the responses,  thank you all but you all thought that I was younger? Must have been some of my childish posts? 🤪🤪

Alex

muddy

Vlad

Quote from: Alex on August 24, 2024, 08:11:48 PMDefinitely !!
Well thank you! 🤣
Do readers have a mental picture of other members I wonder?