Multiple stabbing in Germany

Started by muddy, August 24, 2024, 06:46:34 AM

« previous - next »

muddy

Three people have died and others seriously injured in a terror attack in Germany .

GrannyMac

Too often we're hearing about stabbings.  Hope the police catch the perpetrator soon.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Easier to get knives than guns.

I see from the headline that this was apparently a "diversity" festival
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/08/23/germany-multiple-people-killed-several-injured-in-diversity-festival-mass-stabbing/

I wonder if optimism is a thing of the past. Just look at this pageful of crap...

There seems to be a theme developing.

dextrous63

Ref the UN warning the UK about hate speech.

Perhaps they'd like to warn other countries/cultures/religions about the need to stop producing extremist lunatics so that the rest of us don't have to feel fear (aka "phobia") about them.

While they're at it, perhaps they'd like to intervene in other countries/cultures/religions and tell them to stop whatever terrible things they are doing which is causing so many people wanting to emigrate in the first place.

Scrumpy

Ok, so they catch the person who has committed this terrible crime..
It will soon be yesterdays news .. Another one will come along shortly..
It will get to the stage when it doesn't even make the news because it is a common occurrence..
Crowds will stop gathering to celebrate an event that has any meaning to them..
Celebrations will be a thing of the past in many country..
Except for some... Who have police protection.. and anyone who upsets their gatherings will go to jail..
We should stop complaining about those who protest , in anger, trying to get our countries back..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 24, 2024, 09:54:42 AMIt will soon be yesterdays news .. Another one will come along shortly..

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:  Don't you just love her.. !!   My point exactly.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

What is happening now, and especially since Labour took control, is the increase in mass illegal immigration.

It's as if this has all been planned several years ago, by the islamic faith, on a world stage.  It isn't just the UK of course.  The whole of Europe is seeing the same thing, and possibly even the US.

I detest the idea of muslims working to take control of this country and others in the West, but what I really cannot understand is the number of white British people in positions of power who seem to be doing all they can to support it.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Quote from: JBR on August 24, 2024, 11:58:09 AMwhat I really cannot understand is the number of white British people in positions of power who seem to be doing all they can to support it.
Those will be the ones who profit from lowered labour costs and are rich enough to not be paying much in the way of taxes or in any way impacted by the decline in public services. Potholed roads don't make your helicopter trip taking you to your private jet any bumpier.

Mups

'Tis true what you said Klondike, about knives being easier to obtain than guns.  And I daresay anyone could even make their own if the mood took them,   so I don't see how knives can ever be controlled.

What bothers me is,  why do so many humans have these extreme violent tendencies now?

Years ago people didn't kill others as readily as they do nowadays,  so why not?
Was it because of fear of punishment  in years gone by,    or could there an actual mental reason?

Alex

I heard ISIS had claimed responsibility for these stabbings in Solingen.  How ironic Solingen is renowned for the production of knives, Germany's answer to Sheffield - or how it used to be !    :downvote:

JBR

Quote from: Mups on August 24, 2024, 12:58:21 PM'Tis true what you said Klondike, about knives being easier to obtain than guns.  And I daresay anyone could even make their own if the mood took them,  so I don't see how knives can ever be controlled.

What bothers me is,  why do so many humans have these extreme violent tendencies now?

Years ago people didn't kill others as readily as they do nowadays,  so why not?

Was it because of fear of punishment  in years gone by,    or could there an actual mental reason?
I can't be sure.  Certainly, society in this country at least, has changed over the past few years.

I wonder whether because our courts seem to have become less intent on denying certain types of crime.  I am sure that wen ah wer a lad prison was a thing to be avoided at all costs, as were the police.  I have no idea why someone somewhere has decided that we should not hand out the sort of sentences now as I'm sure were the case then.

Is it the government and other authorities (including schools incidentally) who have become far more lenient, or possibly the public in general including parents?  I know that 'smacking' was outlawed for parents a number of years ago.  As a child, I rarely received a smack, but I was a quick learner and knew how to avoid them.

Since Labour, of course, rioting has definitely increased, but perhaps that's a quite different thing and, I'm sure, is as a result of the inane changes that Smarmer has brought in recently.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Quote from: Alex on August 24, 2024, 08:20:16 PMI heard ISIS had claimed responsibility for these stabbings in Solingen.  How ironic Solingen is renowned for the production of knives, Germany's answer to Sheffield - or how it used to be !    :downvote:
Ah yes - I remember the Sheffield Made stamp on just about anything you bought that could cut. All history now of course as all those actually bothering to work do these days is sell insurance and burgers to each other or deliver cheap crap made in China to our doors for Amazon or so it seems.

Breibart is saying the attacker was a Syrian asylum seeker
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/08/24/syrian-asylum-seeker-arrested-over-mass-stabbing-at-german-festival-of-diversity/

Vlad

I read in todays news that the attacker was a Syrian immigrant.....
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Alex

What do the Germans do? lay flowers and hold vigils.  Perhaps it's time for the Germans to switch to protest marches.