Another world..

Started by Scrumpy, August 21, 2024, 11:56:01 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I , by accident, saw a program the other evening..
Million Dollar Listing.
It was about agents selling houses/apartments in the posh areas of NewYork and other places.
I couldn't believe what I saw .. Chefs kitchen ,out of sight on ground floor.. A separate residents kitchen.. Stunning views.. Many toilets and bathrooms.. Expensive furnishings from all over the world.. Marble tiles and so on..
The homes didn't appeal to me.. They didn't looked lived in, and many were not.

One apartment was around 25 million.  When the agent spoke to the owner, who was dressed up to the nines.. A cosmetic surgeons  delight.. waving her arms around like an actress.. He asked  'How many bathrooms?'
She looked bewildered as if she couldn't believe that anyone would ask such boring questions..
'I have no idea' was her reply..

My three bedroomed home didn't quite match up to these posh places..
But .. Would I like to live in one.. ?  I would give it a go..
  What about those on here.. ?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I'd like to be rich enough but I wouldn't choose a city apartment. I'd go for a country retreat.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 21, 2024, 12:09:00 PMI'd like to be rich enough but I wouldn't choose a city apartment. I'd go for a country retreat.
I don't think I really do posh,  but if I did give it a try,  I'd go for the countryside too.
I don't like towns, and I wouldn't even consider a big city.

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 21, 2024, 11:56:01 AMI , by accident, saw a program the other evening..
Million Dollar Listing.
It was about agents selling houses/apartments in the posh areas of NewYork and other places.
I couldn't believe what I saw .. Chefs kitchen ,out of sight on ground floor.. A separate residents kitchen.. Stunning views.. Many toilets and bathrooms.. Expensive furnishings from all over the world.. Marble tiles and so on..
The homes didn't appeal to me.. They didn't looked lived in, and many were not.

One apartment was around 25 million.  When the agent spoke to the owner, who was dressed up to the nines.. A cosmetic surgeons  delight.. waving her arms around like an actress.. He asked  'How many bathrooms?'
She looked bewildered as if she couldn't believe that anyone would ask such boring questions..
'I have no idea' was her reply..

My three bedroomed home didn't quite match up to these posh places..
But .. Would I like to live in one.. ?  I would give it a go..
  What about those on here.. ?

To be perfectly honest, I know that Marge wouldn't like it.
Far too much cleaning to do.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

Views , way up high , of a town or city for me ..
I like the safety of being high up .. as I have got older..
Love to see the lights of a city.. And people watching..

Vlad

My good lady, bought me a small property in Yorkshire for my birthday, Bugger Hall. 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Alex

City lights for me too, just imagine having a posh apartment in New York ! :cool:

klondike

Quote from: JBR on August 21, 2024, 05:55:28 PMFar too much cleaning to do.
I suspect that those owning $25m apartments don't clean them at all.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on August 21, 2024, 07:28:15 PMCity lights for me too, just imagine having a posh apartment in New York ! :cool:

Or one overlooking Sydney bridge and opera house..

dextrous63

Quote from: Vlad on August 21, 2024, 07:09:58 PMMy good lady, bought me a small property in Yorkshire for my birthday, Bugger Hall.
😬😬😬😬😬😬

Actually, if I were that wealthy, I don't think I'd buy anything at all.  I'd rather live somewhere for a few months until I got bored of it and move on elsewhere.  It'd be a great way to get around the world and (partially) immerse oneself into different cultures.

As it is, to do so now, I simply have to travel to different parts of Manchester and the surrounding towns to get the same effect😉😬😬

Scrumpy

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 25, 2024, 08:08:14 AMAs it is, to do so now, I simply have to travel to different parts of Manchester and the surrounding towns to get the same effect😉😬😬
:grin: :grin: :grin:
How lucky you are to have so many interesting cultures nearby.. 

We just have the Amazon delivery man.. lovely guy..
My doctor.. 
A few gypsies..
And the village idiot.

Vlad

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 25, 2024, 08:45:47 AM:grin: :grin: :grin:
How lucky you are to have so many interesting cultures nearby..

We just have the Amazon delivery man.. lovely guy..
My doctor..
A few gypsies..
And the village idiot.
Thank you the mention Scrumpy...you had better hope I don't leave. 🤣
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

dextrous63

Quote from: Vlad on August 25, 2024, 08:58:16 AMThank you the mention Scrumpy...you had better hope I don't leave. 🤣
That would require you to be able to find your way out😬