Police today

Started by JBR, August 19, 2024, 01:57:16 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

'The Police Have Turned Their Back On The People - Former Detective'
(on The New Culture Forum on You Tube)

An excellent documentary presently showing on TV.  
The interviewee is an experienced ex-police officer and explains the real reasons why the police are failing today - and why criminals are rejoicing.

Well worth watching.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

JBR

The channel itself is:
https://www.newcultureforum.org.uk/

There are several other videos in addition to the one I initially mentioned:

The matter is discussed very sensibly and to the point.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

dextrous63

Looks absurd.  But, in fairness, we don't know the context.

Alex

No we don't, but it appears to be a protest about cutting down some trees, hence the loud chain saw in the background.  Her kid's trumpet was an annoyance apparently.  As Klondy says  :wtf:

klondike

I just got sent on my way by PC Plod during a walk. Road closed including a cycle and walking track. They had run tape to a cone that finished at a gap in the hedgerow running along the walkway and 20 or 30 yards further on over it to some railings. I assumed it was stopping cars but no as I walked past the cone I was approached and told it was closed. I saw  a whole bunch of police cars parked up across the way. Not a clue what its all about but this is the Nextdoor thread on it..

Grazzie Maybanks
Delapre
• 6 hrs ago •

Heard a big bang at 7.20am woke me up. Accident along mereway. No traffic going from tescos roundabout to QE roundabout! I've just heard the air ambulance flying over my house to land so it must be quite bad.

Grazzie Maybanks
Author
Delapre
5h

Just walked along me away and it is taped off both ends of the road.

Spoke to a policeman and he said it was a road traffic accident that's all he could tell me and I was told to move on

Jeanette Jordan
Wootton
3h

Praying for all involved, that no one is seriously harmed, or dead, as a survivor of two major road crashes.

Grazzie Maybanks
Author
Delapre
3h

All I could see was a blue car involved

Hannah G.
Merefield
2h • Edited

I've just seen a private ambulance leaving the scene, road is still closed. We heard a loud horn this morning from our house

Amanda T.
Rectory Farm
1h • Edited

My hubby has just got back from town and can confirm the road is still closed as of 13:00.

Chris Wilson
Collingtree
51m

Amanda yes, it just took us ages to get to Delapre.

Mark Griffiths
Far Cotton
17m

Closed off to walkers too. I got turned back around 1:00pm at some tapes that go across the walk and cycle route.  Lots of police cars. I think there must be more than an accident involved.

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 01:06:26 PMNo we don't, but it appears to be a protest about cutting down some trees, hence the loud chain saw in the background.  Her kid's trumpet was an annoyance apparently.  As Klondy says  :wtf:
Agreed.

If you click on Nick Buckley's name on the clip in X, he's got a fair few other views on matters, not entirely dissimilar to many of us.

Ashy

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 01:06:26 PMHer kid's trumpet was an annoyance apparently.
That's why she was blowing it!

dextrous63

Quote from: Ashy on August 25, 2024, 04:08:05 PMThat's why she was blowing it!
This happened in 2018.  Her crime (the police claimed a member of the public had reported her)..

"A police spokeswoman said: "A 57-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of causing intentional harm or distress, under Section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986."

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 01:06:26 PMNo we don't, but it appears to be a protest about cutting down some trees, hence the loud chain saw in the background.  Her kid's trumpet was an annoyance apparently.  As Klondy says  :wtf:
So our wonderful police under Tool Starmer can now arrest us for being an annoyance?
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Alex

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 25, 2024, 04:52:11 PMThis happened in 2018.  Her crime (the police claimed a member of the public had reported her)..

"A police spokeswoman said: "A 57-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of causing intentional harm or distress, under Section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986."

How did you know it was 2018  ?    There's nothing in the post to say that, in fact it says 11:24 AM · Aug 24, 2024

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on August 25, 2024, 08:02:47 PMHow did you know it was 2018  ?    There's nothing in the post to say that, in fact it says 11:24 AM · Aug 24, 2024

I googled the story🤷🏻�♂️