Well Said. At last the truth.

Started by Raven, July 27, 2024, 09:10:54 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Call Me Racist, I don't Care.  :clap:

Good for her, I hope those that it's aimed at take note and do something to stop them coming...But I doubt it, they will chicken out as usual. :angry:

dextrous63

I posted elsewhere that one of the unfortunate side effects of proclaiming that the UK is a multicultural (set of) countries is that, by implication, it permits other cultures to operate their own values freely within the UK with impunity, even though some of those are clearly at odds and well-being of the host nationals.

What that clip does is highlight this beautifully, whilst emphasising the bit about "impunity". 

Their behaviour, attitudes, values are not enhancing and developing the host nations, and as such they should be removed with immediate effect and this leave those migrants who appreciate the placed they have migrated to and who wish to assimilate to a positive degree and contribute towards the common good.

Why politicians from across the globe can't understand this somewhat obvious necessity, yet alone act upon it, is a complete mystery.  Even if they want to remain chanting their mantras about "economic growth", then surely someone with a gnat's level of intelligence can see that certain peoples activities not only don't add to things economically beneficially, but are in fact a drain on the finances.

The solution, as it's a global problem, is to agree to amend the well intentioned but obviously flawed international laws and agreements accordingly.

Alex

I like Alex Phillips, she gets quite excited on her radio programme, but certainly talks a lot of sense.

ansu

I think it's not as easy as you say. Every nation has its traditions - the first generation of immigrants has problems in changing them, the second generation lives in so-called two cultures and the third generation can be considered as an "integrated generation". I had a Turkish pupil who had to write an essay about "how it feels to be an European". She told me that due to the fact that her family still sticked to the Turkish traditions/habits she had problems in feeling like a German and had no idea how someone felt like an European.
My grandfather always said that when he was a child only few people in the village were able to write and read and what they said was done. So in my opinion the most important thing would be to invest money in the education of people living in poor countries to improve their life.

klondike

We get a lot of ethnically Pakistanis. Many of them never integrate. Once a girl gets old enough to marry they head back to Pakistan for an arranged marriage with a cousin who then comes here as the husband of a British citizen and the merry go round starts up again.

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 27, 2024, 09:58:23 AMTheir behaviour, attitudes, values are not enhancing and developing the host nations, and as such they should be removed with immediate effect and this leave those migrants who appreciate the placed they have migrated to and who wish to assimilate to a positive degree and contribute towards the common good.
This sums it up, I think.

There are no doubt many muslims who have come here in the past and who have integrated into our society.  One of the doctors at the practice I used to use was such a person and, as far as I am concerned, assimilated and obviously contributed to our common good.  Apart from this one example, I know and have met many others who I consider of benefit to our country.

No, the real problem is the present mass illegal (not 'irregular') immigration.  They come uninvited and in their thousands and our inept government and other authorities seem happy to bend over backwards to encourage them even more.  The really upsetting thing is that I am certain that once they are here they are here to stay.  In fact, our new government will before long, I am sure, give them citizenship and all the rights that we possess.  This will, of course, continue to expand perhaps even one day to the point where they are the majority.  Yes, it seems hard to believe, but it is a logical eventuality.

July 27, 2024, 07:20:19 PM
Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2024, 06:02:57 PMWe get a lot of ethnically Pakistanis. Many of them never integrate. Once a girl gets old enough to marry they head back to Pakistan for an arranged marriage with a cousin who then comes here as the husband of a British citizen and the merry go round starts up again.
Indeed, it seems somehow that that is the predominant ethnicity.  It is almost certainly muslims in the majority.  The present-day illegals, of course, cannot be known with certainty from which country they originate, but they do appear to be muslims.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Illegals may irk but they are a drop in the ocean in terms of numbers compared to legal immigration. Regardless of how useful and wonderful those people may be the country simply cannot take that number of new people each year. None of our infrastructure is keeping up with the inrush.

It's very nice to have water on tap but a burst pipe is no fun at all.

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2024, 09:14:27 PMIt's very nice to have water on tap but a burst pipe is no fun at all.
Confucious?

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2024, 09:14:27 PMIllegals may irk but they are a drop in the ocean in terms of numbers compared to legal immigration. Regardless of how useful and wonderful those people may be the country simply cannot take that number of new people each year. None of our infrastructure is keeping up with the inrush.

It's very nice to have water on tap but a burst pipe is no fun at all.
Yes, so I believe.
That, then, would have been the Lib-Cons, who have been nothing like true Conservatives.

I sometimes wonder exactly who these many legal migrants are.  I am assuming that they are of some value to the country.  Is there any information about who these many people were and exactly what skills they brought to the country?
Or has it all been rather underhand?
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

A lot are students. I'm not sure what skills they bring but they do bring rather a lot of relatives. That is supposedly stopped now but there is no guarantee that the new government will not simply let it resume.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 27, 2024, 09:37:23 PMA lot are students. I'm not sure what skills they bring but they do bring rather a lot of relatives. That is supposedly stopped now but there is no guarantee that the new government will not simply let it resume.
I can agree with the importation of students, assuming they come here for some sort of course, even if they bring with them a host of relatives.
However, their admittance should be on the basis that when they have completed their course, and that is of a specified period, then they and their relatives must leave.  Presumably, their host nation also pays handsomely for their courses.

At the university where Marge worked, there were quite a number of students from the Middle East, along with their wives, and unless they were offered some sort of paid position here which would have benefited us, they were obliged to leave.  I met, and got to know some of them, and found them to be nice, genuine people.

There is a great difference between such people and the illegal immigrants who come here simply for hand-outs and the opportunity to join our already numerous criminal class.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Why on earth are they allowed to bring family on their university course ?  So if someone here is accepted into a university in the US, the whole family can accompany him ?

Mups

Quote from: Alex on July 27, 2024, 11:25:09 PMWhy on earth are they allowed to bring family on their university course ?  So if someone here is accepted into a university in the US, the whole family can accompany him ?

I wondered that, too. :hmm:

Raven

Make that three, and where do they live. Surely the student will have a room in the University Accommodation.

klondike

University Accommodation is pretty much only available for a few first year students I think. The rest use rented housing which obviously pushes up the rents and reduces options for locals. It encourages the conversion of older family homes which may have been affordable for those just starting out on the housing ladder into HMOs which can be a PITA for those living near them.