How we were . .

Started by Mups, July 25, 2024, 09:07:40 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

GrannyMac

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 26, 2024, 05:36:57 PMAlas Mups, I no longer live close to conker trees.
I have some in a dish that I picked up in our local park last year.  Lovely things.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 26, 2024, 07:14:07 PMI have some in a dish that I picked up in our local park last year.  Lovely things.
Granny, not wishing to be rude, but aren't you a little old to be playing conkers?
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: Raven on July 26, 2024, 06:40:09 PMThose were the days when the singers and musicians actually had talent AND, wore clothes.

Very true, Raven.  :upvote:

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 26, 2024, 08:34:50 PMGranny, not wishing to be rude, but aren't you a little old to be playing conkers?
What's with the "little"?  😬😉🤣

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 26, 2024, 09:18:31 PMWhat's with the "little"?  😬😉🤣
Perhaps I should have said 'too'.  After all, all grannies are old.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 26, 2024, 10:06:49 PMPerhaps I should have said 'too'.  After all, all grannies are old.
I knew one who was 33 years old.

Alex

Quote from: Raven on July 26, 2024, 06:40:09 PMThose were the days when the singers and musicians actually had talent AND, wore clothes.

When I was out with my friend on Thursday we had a sing a long in the car, it's amazing how you can remember all the words to the ' oldies' like the Tender Trap from 1955.  Gawd knows where those words came from, as we were only  about 6 when that came out !

Mups

Quote from: Alex on July 27, 2024, 10:45:19 AMWhen I was out with my friend on Thursday we had a sing a long in the car, it's amazing how you can remember all the words to the ' oldies' like the Tender Trap from 1955.  Gawd knows where those words came from, as we were only  about 6 when that came out !

Yes,  I agree.   
I remember things like that too,  but forget what I did half an hour ago.  :smiley:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on July 27, 2024, 12:32:30 PMYes,  I agree. 
I remember things like that too,  but forget what I did half an hour ago.  :smiley:
You were singing "Memories, Light the corners of my mind"🎶

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 27, 2024, 12:36:50 PMYou were singing "Memories, Light the corners of my mind"🎶

Oh be quiet, you.    Thought you felt a bit poorly today?   I think you should go and have a lie down . . . .    for the next couple of days at least.  

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on July 27, 2024, 12:47:41 PMOh be quiet, you.    Thought you felt a bit poorly today?  I think you should go and have a lie down . . . .    for the next couple of days at least. 

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering woman; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Do have a nice day now Mups. Xx

Scrumpy

I remember my mum singing  'Among my Souvenirs '
I must have been all of 5 years old.. 
We never think of our parents singing a love song.. I wonder who was on her mind at the time..!!

There's nothing left for me
Of days that used to be ...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on July 26, 2024, 08:34:50 PMGranny, not wishing to be rude, but aren't you a little old to be playing conkers?
I was told (old wives tale?) spiders don't like them, so I have some on a window ledge.  Playing indeed!  :rolleyes:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on July 27, 2024, 04:36:21 PMI was told (old wives tale?) spiders don't like them, so I have some on a window ledge.  Playing indeed!  :rolleyes:

I heard the same about the spiders, Granny,  so I do the same as you. 

July 27, 2024, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on July 27, 2024, 01:04:46 PMTowards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering woman; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

Do have a nice day now Mups. Xx

Good grief.   :shocked:    The man needs help.  :wink:

July 27, 2024, 04:57:10 PM
How about Hula Hoops.    Did anyone have one of those?   I did. :smiley: