How we were . .

Started by Mups, July 25, 2024, 09:07:40 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 30, 2024, 09:39:59 PMThey play it every morning at 6am on GB News......
Of course they do.  They are the most pro-British TV service bar none.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

Scrumpy

My  mum would give a teaspoonful  of both to us three girls every morning..
She used the same spoon..  :grin: 
If I remember rightly we also had Malt at one time.. It was lovely..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I think the malt was called Virol? I had that, and cod liver oil.  Milk of Magnesia in a blue bottle for upset tums.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Vlad

I remember back in the good old days when we had magazines in the GP surgeries  ( that's a place where Doctors used to work)
I used to think, 'where do they get their bloody magazines from?'  I mean the March 1987  magazine called Dredging Today produced by the Canals and River Trust ? For £69 a year, a bloody steal I thought.
Having said that it was far superior to Concrete Magazine which in it's own words "Our vibrant magazine is full of industry news, features and comments from an international perspective" was really boring.
I regret now that I never slipped one of my glossy 'art' photo magazines into the pile, I mean, ' The 10 Best Kama Sutra Position for those with Arthritis, was sort of medical.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

Do you still have any copies left? Asking for a friend.

Vlad

Of course you are. 🤣🤣

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 05, 2024, 09:25:29 PMDo you still have any copies left? Asking for a friend.
Which ones would you like?  I've got the full set. :grin:

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 05, 2024, 06:41:08 PMMy  mum would give a teaspoonful  of both to us three girls every morning..
She used the same spoon..  :grin:
If I remember rightly we also had Malt at one time.. It was lovely..

I can remember my dear old Grandad giving us  Malt on a spoon.
We used to like that.  

Do they still make it, I wonder? 

Vlad

The Scots do. 

August 05, 2024, 11:02:45 PM
Quote from: Vlad on August 05, 2024, 11:01:58 PMThe Scots do, but you drink it out of a glass now 

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 05, 2024, 09:57:38 PMWhich ones would you like?  I've got the full set. :grin:
It was you I was thinking of when I asked but if you have the full set already....

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 05, 2024, 11:03:48 PMIt was you I was thinking of when I asked but if you have the full set already....
That's terribly kind of you.  How are you getting on with the Advanced Sheep Grooming mag I lent you?

klondike

Did you keep the free wide leg wellies?

dextrous63

Vlad

You silly English peoples...I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!