How we were . .

Started by Mups, July 25, 2024, 09:07:40 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

The forum joins posts in the same thread that immediately follow an earlier post by the same poster in the same thread in less than 15 (iirc) minutes.

I looked up Horace Bachelor and he wasn't the gong man. He was something to do with the infradraw pools method (maybe a perm of some sort I didn't dig deep) and also Keynsham.

The gong man was Bob Danvers Walker

Alex

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Radio Luxembourg's ' Keynsham' ?    :hmm:

Scrumpy

The African man who dressed in colourful robes and plumed headdress .. sometimes carrying an umbrella was called Prince Monolulu.. He was a famous tipster and visited Epsom and other places..
He was the first black man that I saw.. I must have been around 7..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Alex on July 28, 2024, 05:36:51 PMSorry, I thought we were talking about Radio Luxembourg's ' Keynsham' ?   
Correct. The show made it to TV as well. Keynsham would have been the radio only probably. I was off track with who was who with the name I recalled. 

Mups

Quote from: klondike on July 28, 2024, 03:26:19 PMThe forum joins posts in the same thread that immediately follow an earlier post by the same poster in the same thread in less than 15 (iirc) minutes.

I looked up Horace Bachelor and he wasn't the gong man. He was something to do with the infradraw pools method (maybe a perm of some sort I didn't dig deep) and also Keynsham.

The gong man was Bob Danvers Walker

Thanks Klondike,  I didn't know that. 

klondike

Not used these for a couple of years or so now...

Alex

Quote from: klondike on July 28, 2024, 08:56:02 PMCorrect. The show made it to TV as well. Keynsham would have been the radio only probably. I was off track with who was who with the name I recalled.

Sorry Klondy I was responding to Mups.  Which reminds me, when you click quote, how do you quote just part of a post ?  The little blue quote marks appear but how do you move the little blighters ?

klondike

Quote from: Alex on July 29, 2024, 08:51:04 AMWhich reminds me, when you click quote, how do you quote just part of a post ? 

Couple of ways.

You can just edit out the bits you don't want...

Or only quote what you do want using the "Quote selected text" button that shows up on laptops but maybe not on mobile devices (it doesn't on mine anyway) when you highlight a portion of the text using click and drag with the mouse. Sometimes I've found I also have to use right click/copy after the highlight

If you aren't using the WYSIWYG version of the editor (set in profile) here...
https://letschat.club/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

a quote will look like...

Alex

Maybe it's because I'm using a tablet then, I can't move the little blue quote marks

klondike

Quote from: Alex on July 29, 2024, 09:27:00 AMMaybe it's because I'm using a tablet
This is from my tablet

Just tapping inside the quote box lets me edit text.
An alternative is to convert it all to plain text - click the last icon in the top row of the reply box. You should be ok then.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on July 29, 2024, 10:55:23 AMThis is from my tablet

Just tapping inside the quote box lets me edit text.
An alternative is to convert it all to plain text - click the last icon in the top row of the reply box. You should be ok then.

I tapped inside quote box, little blue mark appears but I can't move it to say for example put first three words on bold.  It's not important,  but trying to move the blue mark the words get enlarged as I move my finger along

klondike

Ah I see. That's a tablet issue and I've seen it sometimes too but mostly it works OK for me. Best bet is to switch temporarily to non-WYSIWG using that last icon on the top row as then it will probably be OK.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 29, 2024, 02:29:12 PMI tapped inside quote box, little blue mark appears but I can't move it to say for example put first three words on bold.  It's not important,  but trying to move the blue mark the words get enlarged as I move my finger along
Alex, just send the words along to me and I'll post them for you.
Oh, hang on.....
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

As a cinema usherette and when the last film credits were rolling patrons would run for the exits before our National Anthem was played.. If they were inside they all stood still until the end of the Anthem.. It was frowned upon if a person disregarded this..
Do they still play our National Anthem at the end of performances in cinemas and theatres.?
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

They play it every morning at 6am on GB News......