One for JBR.

Started by Raven, July 23, 2024, 06:07:27 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Reform Party in Scotland, how are they doing.

BBC News - What is the future of Reform in Scotland and are they here to stay?
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3gdl9m9n5go

klondike

IMO they need to concentrate their efforts where they stand a chance of winning seats and given the mostly left wing and/or nationalist leanings of Scotland I'd say its not worth putting in much effort there. If they should get big and awash with funding then maybe put some that way but my betting is it will be a waste.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on July 23, 2024, 08:35:58 AMIMO they need to concentrate their efforts where they stand a chance of winning seats and given the mostly left wing and/or nationalist leanings of Scotland I'd say its not worth putting in much effort there. If they should get big and awash with funding then maybe put some that way but my betting is it will be a waste.

To be honest, I've never yet heard of anyone up here who voted for them, maybe it's down in the big towns and City's they have voters.

Alex

I agree we need to concentrate on England, nationalists in Scotland and Wales will always do what's best for their little corners and not what's best for the UK as a whole. 

Raven

Quote from: Alex on July 23, 2024, 10:12:51 AMI agree we need to concentrate on England, nationalists in Scotland and Wales will always do what's best for their little corners and not what's best for the UK as a whole. 

Yes England should concentrate on England, I would love to see each of the four members rule themselves, local people know what's best for their own Country, not some puffed up wee wanker in Westminster, who's probably not even set foot outside his area. Each country has it's own culture but is expected to bow to Westminster. At the moment Sir Scunner is trying to turn Scotland into one big wind farm, people here are pretty angry and calling it the 2nd Highland Clearances as he plans to sweep aside small communities for his damn pylons.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on July 23, 2024, 10:12:51 AMI agree we need to concentrate on England, nationalists in Scotland and Wales will always do what's best for their little corners and not what's best for the UK as a whole. 
Quote from: Raven on July 23, 2024, 10:31:07 AMYes England should concentrate on England, I would love to see each of the four members rule themselves,
I do agree with both of you.
Scotland, and I'm sure also Wales, is only interested in independent political parties and that to me sends a clear message that both would prefer to be independent countries.

In the past, the UK has benefited from top quality professionals, especially doctors from Scotland for example.  Edinburgh has a history of providing some of the best medical minds through history.

However, things have changed enormously over the past few decades, and the whole of the UK has gone steadily downhill.  What we need is a strong unity, and the way the Scots and Welsh now vote does not suggest unity of the whole at all.

Yes, independence is what I'd suggest is best for us all.  As for England, we heavily subsidise Scotland and Wales and I am happy that we do that, but if those two countries don't like England and clearly want their independence, then they should both stand on their own feet.

Looking at things from their perspective, England especially is now beginning to become overrun by muslim armies, and I say that without exaggeration.  From their perspectives, Scotland and Wales might not only benefit themselves with independence, but could also prevent their downfall through unwanted invasion which is, I'm afraid, looks quite likely to happen here.
Numquam credere Gallicum

JBR

Quote from: JBR on July 23, 2024, 12:23:39 PMLooking at things from their perspective, England especially is now beginning to become overrun by muslim armies, and I say that without exaggeration.  From their perspectives, Scotland and Wales might not only benefit themselves with independence, but could also prevent their downfall through unwanted invasion which is, I'm afraid, looks quite likely to happen here.
Further to my last, this report would suggest that these muslims are continuing to attack us, even our soldiers.
Yet again, the reports try to pull punches obviously in fear of upsetting those same people.

I feel certain that as this attack on our indigenous society continues, we shall still be encouraged to turn the other cheek and pretend that the danger is nothing more than suppositions, or worse, racist comments.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Can't help wondering how they would have reacted to us if we had crossed Europe in our millions, and landed on their doorstep.......With demands.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on July 24, 2024, 02:05:53 PMCan't help wondering how they would have reacted to us if we had crossed Europe in our millions, and landed on their doorstep.......With demands.
Ah, but if we invade their countries, they won't have the resources to provide for our demands.

Conversely, if they continue to invade us, we will also fail to have the resources to provide for their demands.

Result: both the middle east and the UK will become third-world areas.
I suppose that level of 'equality' would suit the do-gooders at least.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Many of you (in fact, all of you) are older than me.  Can you remember when, precisely, the UK population was canvassed and/or asked in a referendum whether or not it wanted this level of immigration or whether or not it wanted to become an all inclusive multicultural "society"?

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 24, 2024, 03:30:50 PMMany of you (in fact, all of you) are older than me.  Can you remember when, precisely, the UK population was canvassed and/or asked in a referendum whether or not it wanted this level of immigration or whether or not it wanted to become an all inclusive multicultural "society"?
If they did a genuine poll, I'm sure the vast majority would say "No".
Of course we never received any such choice.
But that is our version of 'democracy'.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

The technical name for our choice is, I believe, called Hobson's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobson%27s_choice