Started by Scrumpy, July 21, 2024, 07:32:06 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My daughter has just told me..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

He'll have forgotten by tomorrow.

klondike

I just read the story. He's only standing down as a candidate for the upcoming election. To my mind he should be stepping down as president with immediate effect. The US will have another 6 months with somebody supposedly in charge who isn't capable. 

That said I suppose we've had decades of incapable people in charge so maybe it doesn't matter.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 21, 2024, 07:50:26 PMI just read the story. He's only standing down as a candidate for the upcoming election. To my mind he should be stepping down as president with immediate effect. The US will have another 6 months with somebody supposedly in charge who isn't capable.

That said I suppose we've had decades of incapable people in charge so maybe it doesn't matter.
I shouldn't worry too much.
As far as I can see he doesn't actually carry any weight as he's more of a figurehead.  I mean, do you really think he'd have access to the 'red button'?  He'd probably think it's the toilet flush.
His job is simply to stand up in front of the cameras to assure the viewers that he isn't capable of doing any real damage.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: klondike on July 21, 2024, 07:50:26 PMI just read the story. He's only standing down as a candidate for the upcoming election. To my mind he should be stepping down as president with immediate effect. The US will have another 6 months with somebody supposedly in charge who isn't capable.

Good point. :wink:

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

good news but he ought to go now!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

This is good news but Jill won't be happy.  The poor man should retire to Florida now.

JBR

To be honest, when I first read that he'd stepped down, I was sure it must have been a misprint.
I naturally assumed they meant that he'd fallen down (again).
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

That's good to hear but I must admit that I feel a bit sorry for him being made to leave like this. I know they say it was his decision, but was it... Really?
He needed to retire for his health's sake, he was obviously struggling at times, and another 4 years if he won would IMO do his health no favours.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Given his problems I don't think anybody would have needed to worry about him coping with another 4 years because there is no way he could have won even in somewhere as distinctly odd as the US.