Welcome Back Petrol/Diesel Cars.

Started by Raven, July 16, 2024, 01:55:36 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

They already cost more per mile than diesel when charged at "high speed" public chargers which take a lot longer than filling with diesel and are available in far fewer locations.

Ashy

Well now that's fascinating. In order to make it prohibitively expensive, petrol is taxed upon tax, but electric chargers presumably pay "only" VAT, although I'm not sure whether that's at the general rate or the electricity rate. Either would be less than the tax on proper fuel.

Cassandra

Quote from: Ashy on July 24, 2024, 11:30:45 AMWell now that's fascinating. In order to make it prohibitively expensive, petrol is taxed upon tax, but electric chargers presumably pay "only" VAT, although I'm not sure whether that's at the general rate or the electricity rate. Either would be less than the tax on proper fuel.

VAT on electric charging points is 20% - and 5% at home because they're presently unable to identify types of consumption etc.

Message:- expect some form of increase for car chargers at home as they become more sophisticated in 'uploading' the software change to implement these coming changes. We know over here the chargers already have the ability to extract a higher level value for current channelled to EV's ~ The Piper must be paid, after all even if it lives in the cloud cuckoo land of Labour and Democrats.

Also construction cost restraints (lack of demand) for manufacturers are being considered as an incentive payment to them as each new Ecar is sold. This will be charged to the electricity cost via the charging lead for domestics, or the charge out rate at the charger. Give on one hand (General Motors etc) and tske on the other mug motorists with their 3 ton batteries on wheels.

Our state expects 'moonlighters' will gather in the forests in their 100's to suckle from illegal chargers plugged into Pylons. A new force of 'Untouchables' will patrol at night to arrest suppliers and would be consumers!

Queue a row in the UK twixt Organic Ed Miliband and the shrill voiced Rachel Reeves, as she makes EV's even more expensive and unloved for her zealot 'Energy Minister'to pedal!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on July 24, 2024, 02:26:14 PMQueue a row in the UK twixt Organic Ed Miliband and the shrill voiced Rachel Reeves, as she makes EV's even more expensive and unloved for her zealot 'Energy Minister' to pedal!
Good.  That's fine by me.
EVs more expensive = fewer purchases.
Fewer purchases = less profit for manufacturers.
= Manufacturers stick to ICEs!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on July 24, 2024, 03:13:44 PMGood.  That's fine by me.
EVs more expensive = fewer purchases.
Fewer purchases = less profit for manufacturers.
= Manufacturers stick to ICEs!

Exactly our thoughts (Republicans) over here. Harris's handle is 'Cheater' and she's about as bright as a glow-worm at mid-day. Quite how these lacklustre and ill educated people get to become D.A.'s says a lot about values and how so many of them 'lickass' to get them as they say!

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...