Be Honest.

Started by Diasi, July 02, 2024, 07:49:25 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Who's secretly looking forward to a Labour super-majority so they can sit back & enjoy watching the ensuing total chaos.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

I am but not for that reason.

I want the no longer fit for purpose Conservative and Unionist Party destroyed. Hopefully the real party - its members and organisation - the associations will survive and be able to form something excluding Central Office and its useless LibDem thinking grey suits and MPs.

It's a big ask and probably won't happen but I need something to hope for which may help me through the shit that's coming.

Alex

I'm not 🚫 in fact I'm dreading it.

klondike

We've endured 14 years of incompetent Conservatives that have given us..,

• a flatlining economy 
  • highest taxes since WW2
  • unsupportable legal immigration
  • open borders
  • huge NHS waiting lists
  • no NHS dentists
  • useless policing
  • full prisons
  • a cost of living crisis
  • no public service that could be considered to be working
  • countless other daily irritations 

Can Labour really make everything worse?
Well yes I'm sure they'll try to unfortunately

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2024, 08:37:47 AMWe've endured 14 years of incompetent Conservatives that have given us..,

• a flatlining economy
  • highest taxes since WW2
  • unsupportable legal immigration
  • open borders
  • huge NHS waiting lists
  • no NHS dentists
  • useless policing
  • full prisons
  • a cost of living crisis
  • no public service that could be considered to be working
  • countless other daily irritations

Can Labour really make everything worse?
Well yes I'm sure they'll try to unfortunately

Most of the problems started with Labour, the biggest being open borders & mass uncontrolled immigration, but the Conservatives should have sorted things out & didn't.

We've only had a real Government for 6 years because after June 2016 most of available time has been spent trying to  overturn the Brexit vote & undermine any attempt to stop illegal immigration.

I do wonder how Starmer will find enough able MPs to fill all the Ministerial posts, which will be one of the most amusing parts, especially at PMQs when they have to actually say what they're doing rather than having the luxury of just having to shout Ya Boo at the Opposition.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on July 02, 2024, 08:49:00 AMMost of the problems started with Labour, the biggest being open borders & mass uncontrolled immigration, but the Conservatives should have sorted things out & didn't.
Legal documented migration has at least trebled since the Labour years.

Quote from: Diasi on July 02, 2024, 08:49:00 AMWe've only had a real Government for 6 years because after June 2016 most of available time has been spent trying to  overturn the Brexit vote & undermine any attempt to stop illegal immigration.
Can hardly blame Labour for that

Quote from: Diasi on July 02, 2024, 08:49:00 AMI do wonder how Starmer will find enough able MPs to fill all the Ministerial posts, which will be one of the most amusing parts, especially at PMQs when they have to actually say what they're doing rather than having the luxury of just having to shout Ya Boo at the Opposition.
It won't really matter. PMQs it will mostly only be Starmer failing and can you honestly see the bungy jumping pillock giving him a hard time. If by some miracle the Tories do get more seats than the LibDems they won't have much talent left anyway. Fact is they must have been scraping the barrel to have given us Sunak before being more than decimated in the upcoming election.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2024, 09:05:04 AMLegal documented migration has at least trebled since the Labour years.
Can hardly blame Labour for that
Yes, as I said, it started with Labour & the Tories didn't sort it.

But it's rather like when a dam bursts, very hard to stop the flow of water which Labour started.

It's the root cause that does the most damage.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on July 02, 2024, 07:49:25 AMWho's secretly looking forward to a Labour super-majority so they can sit back & enjoy watching the ensuing total chaos.  :grin:
I am.
Labour, with a Liberal opposition, will make a terrible mess of this country, even worse that what the Tories have done.
I hope that all the swing voters will now see what all three of these left-wing parties are capable of; exactly what I and many others already know.

I live in hope that the only remaining right-wing party will form the next government in five years, and will have the opportunity to put right all the damage that will have been done.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

The thing is they Tories didn't even attempt to stop legal migration. Brexit allowed them to apply whole world entry qualifications. They didn't. They allowed legal migration to treble from what was already high despite promising in successive manifestos to reduce it to tens of thousands. Blaming Labour may work for you but it doesn't for me and it doesn't for the millions who will no longer be giving them their vote. It is a major reason why they will be resoundingly rejected.

In short they could completely stop legal migration. They have the power to do so but haven't even reduced it. Dams have nothing to do with it.

As for illegals the expensive bullshit Rwanda scheme can't work without ditching the ECHR which they certainly know. It is window dressing pure and simple.

The Tories richly deserve what is coming. By voting in Labour the electorate also deserve what will come be coming.

Raven

I don't want, like, or trust any of them. :worried:

klondike

They are politicians. Enough said.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2024, 10:19:59 AMThe thing is they Tories didn't even attempt to stop legal migration. Brexit allowed them to apply whole world entry qualifications. They didn't. They allowed legal migration to treble from what was already high despite promising in successive manifestos to reduce it to tens of thousands. Blaming Labour may work for you but it doesn't for me and it doesn't for the millions who will no longer be giving them their vote. It is a major reason why they will be resoundingly rejected.

In short they could completely stop legal migration. They have the power to do so but haven't even reduced it. Dams have nothing to do with it.

As for illegals the expensive bullshit Rwanda scheme can't work without ditching the ECHR which they certainly know. It is window dressing pure and simple.

The Tories richly deserve what is coming. By voting in Labour the electorate also deserve what will come be coming.
I agree.

As for illegal immigrants, again if we had the balls to ditch the ECHR we could prevent the boats (and lorries) ferrying them across the Channel.
Unfortunately the Conservatives, for reasons known only to themselves, have failed to do that.  Worse, Labour (with the support of the Liberals in 'opposition') will probably want to invite even more of them in...
and then give them all voting rights for obvious reasons!

As I have said before, the one big advantage of Labour forming the next government is that they will make such an unholy mess of the country over the next few years that even the most simple-minded left-wing voters will be likely to vote for Reform next time!

Incidentally, Klon.  Is that Biden on your new picture?

Raven

No need for words.

klondike

Another thing...

A lorry driver found with a stowaway migrant gets £1000 fine. The RNLI are encouraged to bring them in by the  boatload. They should also be fined £1000 for each imo.

July 02, 2024, 01:22:08 PM
Quote from: JBR on July 02, 2024, 12:49:35 PMIncidentally, Klon.  Is that Biden on your new picture?
It's Trump when he was a lad.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 02, 2024, 01:21:03 PMAnother thing...

A lorry driver found with a stowaway migrant gets £1000 fine. The RNLI are encouraged to bring them in by the  boatload. They should also be fined £1000 for each imo.

July 02, 2024, 01:22:08 PM

It's Trump when he was a lad.
Typical of our government.  I suppose the fines paid by the lorry drivers may, in some way, help to pay for the Border Farce and RNLI doing their work.  A typical balancing act by the inept government.
This country has been mismanaged ever since Maggie left, as I'm sure it will continue to be for at least five more years.

Trump?  I wasn't aware that he had ever been a lad!