Thick or what.!

Started by Scrumpy, June 25, 2024, 05:26:40 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My hairdresser (45) is not going to vote because she is 'fed up with the lot of them'.. Nor are her circle of friends..
My grandchildren never mention the election.. or whether they will be voting..
My friends ( pensioners)  Male/ female are mostly not bothered.. All different occupations.

The Government really have let us down..

Love Island.. Nobody in a conversation of six knew who our Prime Minister was..
You may call them 'thick' but when it comes down to making money .. sometimes (big) money .. These kids are not as thick as we would believe.. They have their heads screwed on..
So, does it really matter that the Prime Minister is known by name. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Vlad

Watching the evinces news now...coppers from the Met and politicians involved in placing bets on the election dates having had prior knowledge therefore under investigation 

If you can't trust those who make the laws and you can't trust those who uphold the laws then what hope is there? We are a third rate country when politicians and copper are more interested in lining their own pockets 
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

None of them took any notice of the ludicrous lockdown rules they put in place simply by edict either. Think of the number of them who actually got caught. Then think of the police up north somewhere flying drones to collar solitary dog walkers who went too far or some fined for parking their backsides on a bench.

JBR

Quote from: Vlad on June 25, 2024, 06:31:43 PMWatching the evinces news now...coppers from the Met and politicians involved in placing bets on the election dates having had prior knowledge therefore under investigation

If you can't trust those who make the laws and you can't trust those who uphold the laws then what hope is there? We are a third rate country when politicians and copper are more interested in lining their own pockets
I agree.
We have arrived at a rather low point now, as a country.  There is no denying that, I'm sure.
Having sunk this low, we are now about to elect another Labour government.
I have claimed that following the damage done by the previous one, we can but expect nothing other than more of the same.
I may be wrong.  I hope so.  We shall see.

Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on June 25, 2024, 07:41:42 PMNone of them took any notice of the ludicrous lockdown rules they put in place simply by edict either. Think of the number of them who actually got caught. Then think of the police up north somewhere flying drones to collar solitary dog walkers who went too far or some fined for parking their backsides on a bench.
I always found it amusing that the devil may care folk who were happy to throw caution to the wind would have have a fixed penalty notice payment taken from their estate upon death.  To add insult to injury, there'd be no option of a reduced payment since probate would take beyond 30 days.

June 25, 2024, 11:20:22 PM
Quote from: JBR on June 25, 2024, 10:40:11 PMI agree.
We have arrived at a rather low point now, as a country.  There is no denying that, I'm sure.
Having sunk this low, we are now about to elect another Labour government.
I have claimed that following the damage done by the previous one, we can but expect nothing other than more of the same.
I may be wrong.  I hope so.  We shall see.

Hopefully, we may get a few years without internal bickering being the order of the day.  Although, given that flAbbott is standing as a Labour candidate and her love-nest pal is standing as an independent, it might not be quite as long as one might want.

Scrumpy

Shame on them.. Shame on them all..  
I can fully understand why people are ' not interested' in any of them..
They think they are above the law.. They are greedy and out to get all they can..
They are 'rule makers' and 'rule breakers' and care not if they are exposed.. thinking that it is their right to do as they wish..

Between them all they can not make a decent party..
We certainly need change.. Unfortunately there is no 'change' on offer..
They brag about what they 'will' do and mock those who didn't do it.. just to get a comfy seat in a cushy job that insures their pension.. and big handouts here and there..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 26, 2024, 08:19:29 AMShame on them.. Shame on them all.. 
I can fully understand why people are ' not interested' in any of them..
They think they are above the law.. They are greedy and out to get all they can..
They are 'rule makers' and 'rule breakers' and care not if they are exposed.. thinking that it is their right to do as they wish..

Between them all they can not make a decent party..
We certainly need change.. Unfortunately there is no 'change' on offer..
They brag about what they 'will' do and mock those who didn't do it.. just to get a comfy seat in a cushy job that insures their pension.. and big handouts here and there..
With one exception, of course!
Numquam credere Gallicum