It's a sure bet...

Started by Scrumpy, June 21, 2024, 12:23:38 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

What if you knew the date of the general Election before it became public knowledge.. Would you place a bet on it with a bookie.. ?

Tell the truth..

Would I .?  Yep !! I sure would.. Could do with a bit of extra money..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Depends how I found out and if it was obvious I may have. I'm assuming that was the case with those who just did that and not smart enough to figure that the bookies would note a load of bets going on a very outside chance just before it happened.

Now if somebody from the Tories had called me and asked me to place their bet for them on commission well hell why not? I don't even think it's against the law unlike insider trading on the stock market.

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 21, 2024, 12:23:38 PMWhat if you knew the date of the general Election before it became public knowledge.. Would you place a bet on it with a bookie.. ?

Tell the truth..

Would i.?  Yep !! I sure would.. Could do with a bit of extra money..

Yes I would too , why not ? :grin:

Scrumpy

You and me would get on well Alex.. 
Psst ... Do you want to buy some WINNING Lottery numbers.. 

I can't give these numbers to just anyone.. I have to be careful.. Know what I mean !! :shh: :shh: 
So, the first  100 people to send me a tenner will be the lucky ones.. 
Don't be too disappointed I will be doing the same again next week..

GrannyMac

I won £50 on Premium Bonds this week.  No luck at all on the lottery.  I might have to send you a tenner. 😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 22, 2024, 01:27:27 PMYou and me would get on well Alex..
Psst ... Do you want to buy some WINNING Lottery numbers..

I can't give these numbers to just anyone.. I have to be careful.. Know what I mean !! :shh: :shh:
So, the first  100 people to send me a tenner will be the lucky ones..
Don't be too disappointed I will be doing the same again next week..

All I can manage is a free lottery ticket these days, so might take you up on the offer Scrumps, do I get 'mates rates' ?

Scrumpy

Mates rates..!!! Yep.. Send me a tenner and I'll send you a fiver back..