Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

What are indicators?  I thought they were just faulty bulbs😬

klondike

dextrous63

Nope.  Can't afford the extra driving lessons to unlearn the stuff I needed to pass the test.  Luckily, ageing has meant that I fail practice online theory tests, so at least that's in the bag.  Anyway, am currently in the middle lane doing 75 so I suppose I'd better stop texting for a bit.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

I wish the passenger in the car in front would hold his newspaper steady.  Am finding it a bit hard to read the small print.

klondike

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 27, 2024, 09:11:54 AMWhat are indicators?  I thought they were just faulty bulbs😬
Many years ago, I posted a comment in the local rag (Bradford Telegraph & Argus) explaining that the purpose of the lever on the steering wheel was for ladies to conveniently hang their handbags.

My later-to-be wife sent in a comment pouring scorn on that, of course.
It's probably how we became acquainted.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Keep losing both our Internet and freeview signals, getting a bit more than annoyed with this. It's because there's work being done on the masts near here and it's causing havoc.  :yell:

klondike

Your internet won't come from masts.

Raven

It does, we are on Three Network for both mobile phones and Internet.

https://www.three.co.uk/broadband/home-broadband

JBR

Quote from: Raven on June 27, 2024, 10:39:05 AMKeep losing both our Internet and freeview signals, getting a bit more than annoyed with this. It's because there's work being done on the masts near here and it's causing havoc.  :yell:
We lost our Three phone signal earlier this year for exactly that reason.  We had a hell of a job trying to persuade them that we needed it, and were ready to move to another provider when they then managed to get the thing working again.

I found an online site which shows all local transmitter masts and who uses each one.  There are only four main providers and others make use of theirs, so at the same time I made a note of which providers use the nearest mast and had a look at their online reviews.

June 27, 2024, 10:55:50 AM
Quote from: Raven on June 27, 2024, 10:54:26 AMIt does, we are on Three Network for both mobile phones and Internet.

Ah!  Three again!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Quote from: JBR on June 27, 2024, 10:55:12 AMJune 27, 2024, 10:55:50 AMAh!  Three again!

Mobile signals are very hard to get up here, I used to be with Vodafone and I lost the signal just after Helmsdale. Everyone here is on Three as it's got the best coverage.

klondike

I hadn't realised either of you were on mobile broadband. Maybe Mike would do better with that judging by his recent comments.

I'm guessing the same mast must get used as a TV repeater in your case Raven.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2024, 11:26:02 AMI hadn't realised either of you were on mobile broadband. Maybe Mile would do better with that judging by his recent comments.

No, I'm not on mobile broadband.  We used Virgin Media and, hopefully soon, will go with BRSK when they extend their coverage.
Having said that, we do have 'Mobile Data' which, in practice, is similar to 'broadband'.  The only time I bother with that is when Virgin goes down which, thankfully, doesn't happen very often now as it used to do.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

It's been ages here since we had some proper rain. My car is looking filthy.