Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Sending in everything asked for to validate a warranty, and getting an email saying "warranty denied" with a request for the details already sent!!  Then being told by automated phone message that the waiting time for customer services is going to be over an hour!!!

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 26, 2024, 12:35:40 PMRipen at home.. Load of crap.. my plums are still not ripe.. :nooo:
I found that the big ones don't a while ago. There were some small ones and some even felt OK in the supermarket. You need to test them first and near the stone there are some iffy bits but in the main they've been OK. Only one lot though so far so your mileage may vary should you risk them again.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on June 26, 2024, 12:50:01 PMWaiting in for tradesmen
Any particular one you're interested in ?.  :wink:

June 26, 2024, 04:09:32 PM
Quote from: klondike on June 26, 2024, 02:42:19 PMI found that the big ones don't a while ago. There were some small ones and some even felt OK in the supermarket. You need to test them first and near the stone there are some iffy bits but in the main they've been OK. Only one lot though so far so your mileage may vary should you risk them again.

You are an expert on plum testing Klondike.. :wink:
Would love to take you shopping with me.. You could put the feelers out..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 26, 2024, 12:35:40 PMI don't know.. but idiots will pay for it..

Ripen at home.. Load of crap.. my plums are still not ripe.. :nooo:

I get the same problem.
I reckon they are treated with something to preserve shelf life,  but it goes too far and stops them ripening too.

Raven

Not being able to park in the usual places thanks to motor homes.

JBR

Today's outing: The Peak District...

which was closed!
Well, not exactly closed, but road works on virtually every road we used accompanied by traffic jams miles long.

It would be helpful if they advertised all the road works before you actually find them.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on June 26, 2024, 07:26:12 PMToday's outing: The Peak District...

which was closed!
Well, not exactly closed, but road works on virtually every road we used accompanied by traffic jams miles long.

It would be helpful if they advertised all the road works before you actually find them.
It would be helpful if they could actually do the work rather than leave it unattended for days/weeks on end.  

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 26, 2024, 07:29:55 PMIt would be helpful if they could actually do the work rather than leave it unattended for days/weeks on end. 
Exactly.  Cones over an extended location, but no people working... or even slouching.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 26, 2024, 07:29:55 PMIt would be helpful if they could actually do the work rather than leave it unattended for days/weeks on end. 

Yep,  I agree with that.  :upvote:

I more often just see cones, than anyone actually working there.

dextrous63

On the whole, it makes no sense to start something unless one is pretty sure that they'll have everything needed (or close to hand) to finish it.

klondike

Junction 16 of M1 to J18  both ways have been like that a couple of weeks or more now. Plenty of cones. A couple of big macines part way through that may have been doing something and that was it.

dextrous63

I suspect that the big machines are mobile cone making factories.  Sort of like man made Alien, popping out baby cones wherever they go, causing untold hours of misery for no good reason.

If I ruled the world, I'd only allow a fixed total number of cones to be placed around the UK.  If they're needed elsewhere, then workmen will have to actually stop faffing around and get the job done so the cones can be released.

klondike

Well they were big diggers so maybe they were mining cones?

dextrous63

When I was at Warwick Uni, there was a large cone outside the senate.  It was supposed to light up to demonstrate the conic sections, and rotate.  True to form, in the three years I was there, it hardly ever worked.

GrannyMac

Quote from: JBR on June 26, 2024, 07:26:12 PMToday's outing: The Peak District...

which was closed!

We traverse the Peaks fairly often, via Buxton. Because we know the road very well, and don't have an up to date sat nav, we've ended up in all sorts of places en route!  There seems to be a very random approach to roadworks, possibly because of the number of local authorities involved.   Now before we go, we check to see if there's anything happening at Chatsworth, we've been stuck in some real traffic jams there.  😬

Has anyone mentioned the lack of indicators yet?  🤬
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖