Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Don't forget driving home from the car wash...

Scrumpy

People who tell you to watch a fantastic series on the tv.. 
.. and insist on telling you the whole plot..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Supermarkets that leave trolleys of plants outside the shop and don't water them.  Such a shame, think Aldi is the worst offender round my way.

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2024, 09:04:37 AMPeople who tell you to watch a fantastic series on the tv..
.. and insist on telling you the whole plot..
Oooh, you really ought to watch a fantastic series, called The One Show.  Without issuing too much of a spoiler, the plot is that it involves a whole load of unnecessary and inane drivel being spouted, for no other reason than to waste even more of your finite time on earth....

klondike

Scrumpy

Dresses and trousers that shrink..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Quote from: Alex on August 13, 2024, 09:15:40 AMSupermarkets that leave trolleys of plants outside the shop and don't water them.  Such a shame, think Aldi is the worst offender round my way.

Yes.  Absolutely agree with you.

I don't understand why staff don't get into trouble.  Surely  these supermarkets must lose a lot of money when all the plants they buy in are just left to die?

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 13, 2024, 11:05:55 AMSounds good. When is it on?
Think you can watch old episodes on catchup.  As of today, there are 3,772 episodes.  I suggest you watch all of them do you fully understand all of the nuances.

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2024, 11:44:29 AMDresses and trousers that shrink..
I'll second that. 

A lot of my t.shirts have shrunk as well.

Maybe we wash them in too hot a wash, Scrumps.  :wink:

dextrous63

Quote from: Mups on August 13, 2024, 11:48:56 AMYes.  Absolutely agree with you.

I don't understand why staff don't get into trouble.  Surely  these supermarkets must lose a lot of money when all the plants they buy in are just left to die?

Not sure if supermarkets have taps and hosepipes (trip hazard??!) in the vicinity of the plants. 

August 13, 2024, 12:19:06 PM
Quote from: Mups on August 13, 2024, 12:15:05 PMI'll second that. 

A lot of my t.shirts have shrunk as well.

Maybe we wash them in too hot a wash, Scrumps.  :wink:

I find that my clothes shrink as we approach Christmas, and then curiously return to their old size through the summer months.  Must be something to do with humidity.😬

klondike

Mine used to do that. One year they didn't return to normal and had to be replaced. Wasn't a one off either. No idea what causes it.

Alex

Women who drag their men shopping in M & S bra department !!!!

GrannyMac

People who shop in pairs, and both stand dithering in front of the shelves/cabinets! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Mups

Quote from: Alex on August 13, 2024, 03:41:16 PMWomen who drag their men shopping in M & S bra department !!!!

Yep. 

I came across that very thing about a month ago in M&S.   There he was,  sitting there in the opening to the changing rooms for ages.    I bagan to wonder if his missus was even with him!   :grin:

I don't know why the men do it.   You'd think they would rather wander round the departments rather than sit at the bra changing rooms, wouldn't you.
I wouldn't want to sit there and wait while men were trying on their underpants! 

(Yes,  I know they can't really try their pants on in shops).

JBR

Quote from: Alex on August 13, 2024, 03:41:16 PMWomen who drag their men shopping in M & S bra department !!!!
Funny you should mention that...
Numquam credere Gallicum