Things that pee you off..

Started by Scrumpy, June 18, 2024, 01:14:32 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Do you ever swear at Alexa? I do when she starts giving some particularly inane answer to a question. Ask anything beyond the utterly mundane and she fails. I'm not sure I even trust her answers to my most frequent question which is what is the time.

Scrumpy

I never swear at her.. She is only doing her job and I wouldn't want her to cry..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 09, 2024, 06:49:14 PMDo you ever swear at Alexa? I do when she starts giving some particularly inane answer to a question. Ask anything beyond the utterly mundane and she fails. I'm not sure I even trust her answers to my most frequent question which is what is the time.
She's good at farting, though.  A very productive expert in fact.
She has a very extensive repertoire.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Quote from: JBR on July 09, 2024, 07:19:13 PMShe's good at farting, though.  A very productive expert in fact.
She does good cat meowing too.

Alex

My Alexa is an Aussie, she knows more swear words than me.

klondike

Mine is learning plenty and is a Welsh speaker too

One I posted before...

Scrumpy

Shoes that fit perfectly in the shop but hurt your feet at home..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 10, 2024, 08:24:16 AMMine is learning plenty and is a Welsh speaker too

One I posted before...

I really must try that with Marge's Alexa.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Raven

Dustman who can't put the bin back where they got it, instead it was left in the middle of the drive and I couldn't get the car back in.  :angry:
Had to leave the car out on the main road to move it, luckily no other cars came along and wolloped into mine.

Mups

Quote from: Raven on July 10, 2024, 10:28:01 AMDustman who can't put the bin back where they got it, instead it was left in the middle of the drive and I couldn't get the car back in.  :angry:
Had to leave the car out on the main road to move it, luckily no other cars came along and wolloped into mine.

Totally agree, Raven,  and have said exactly the same.    Mine usually ends up outside my neighbours property,  or even further away on some occasions.

Why do they do it?  Is it they can't be bothered, or do they really forget which house it came from?

JBR

Quote from: Raven on July 10, 2024, 10:28:01 AMDustman who can't put the bin back where they got it, instead it was left in the middle of the drive and I couldn't get the car back in.  :angry:
Yes, they're lazy buggers, certainly compared to the ones I remember wen ah wer a lad, who had to carry the metal dustbins on their backs.

Ours are usually left in a sensible place, although occasionally outside the next house down the road.  On the other hand, you can guarantee there will be bits and pieces left on the pavement; too much trouble to pick up what they've dropped.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Alex

People who fly the EU flag on their car.  I saw one today, in fact I let him through that was before I saw the flag !

klondike

Not seen an EU flag here but there have been plenty I didn't recognise.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 10, 2024, 07:59:26 PMNot seen an EU flag here but there have been plenty I didn't recognise.
Plenty of 'Palestine' flags paraded around London lately!
Actually, as far as I know there is actually no country officially named 'Palestine'.
Numquam credere Gallicum