At last !

Started by Alex, June 03, 2024, 03:01:01 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Raven

I hope more judges have the guts to follow. This should have been stamped out years ago. I also hope they suffer like mad in the jail, many of the inmates will be animal lovers and itching to give them some payback.

Michael Rolls

I'd have given the scum a damn sight more than 5 years - out in under 3
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

JBR

I agree that five years (out in two) is better than most receive these days, especially as they say that the prisons are all full.
Perhaps they've found an old, disused oubliette.  I wish!
Numquam credere Gallicum

GrannyMac

Horrible individuals.  Good for the judge!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

So incredibly sad.. I couldn't bring myself to read it fully.. 
They are bastards.. I hope they get the treatment they deserve whilst in prison..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Mups

Something I do NOT agree with about their sentence though,  is why only a 10yr ban on keeping dogs?
That to me,  is ridiculous.

For this sort of vile crime, and the suffering these people and their cronies caused,  it should be an automatic LIFE ban on keeping any animals.    Not just dogs,  but any other living creature.
They are not fit to keep so much as a budgie.

A good few years ago now,  I was friendly with the local dog warden where I  used to live.  She loved German Shepherds,  and I kept that beautiful breed for about 30 years.

She was telling me once, about a poor dog who had to spend all its time in its bed.  If it put one paw out of its bed it got severely punished.
The bed was full of fleas.  The dog was being eaten alive day and night.  It's hair and skin were in a dreadful state,  and still that poor dog had to stay in that filthy bed.

Eventually the dog warden got to hear of it,  and the dog was confiscated.  There was a court case, and the owner got a 10 yr ban.

A short time later,  the warden got a tip-off these people had got another dog to abuse!! 

It turned out that the previous poor animal had been in the man's name,  and the new victim  was put in wife's name.    The ban had only applied to the bloke!

So much for 10 year bans ey.     

My friend also told me about a man she knew of who was in trouble for sexually abusing his Mares!    How sick is that!

Eventually, he got banned from keeping any more horses,  but recently my friend said he is known to be keeping horses again.

What is the point of these bans, if nobody checks up or enforces them?

Raven

JBR

Quote from: Mups on June 04, 2024, 12:19:13 AMSomething I do NOT agree with about their sentence though,  is why only a 10yr ban on keeping dogs?
That to me,  is ridiculous.

For this sort of vile crime, and the suffering these people and their cronies caused,  it should be an automatic LIFE ban on keeping any animals.    Not just dogs,  but any other living creature.
They are not fit to keep so much as a budgie.

A good few years ago now,  I was friendly with the local dog warden where I  used to live.  She loved German Shepherds,  and I kept that beautiful breed for about 30 years.

She was telling me once, about a poor dog who had to spend all its time in its bed.  If it put one paw out of its bed it got severely punished.
The bed was full of fleas.  The dog was being eaten alive day and night.  It's hair and skin were in a dreadful state,  and still that poor dog had to stay in that filthy bed.

Eventually the dog warden got to hear of it,  and the dog was confiscated.  There was a court case, and the owner got a 10 yr ban.

A short time later,  the warden got a tip-off these people had got another dog to abuse!! 

It turned out that the previous poor animal had been in the man's name,  and the new victim  was put in wife's name.    The ban had only applied to the bloke!

So much for 10 year bans ey.     

My friend also told me about a man she knew of who was in trouble for sexually abusing his Mares!    How sick is that!

Eventually, he got banned from keeping any more horses,  but recently my friend said he is known to be keeping horses again.

What is the point of these bans, if nobody checks up or enforces them?

I agree.  So called 'punishments' in this country generally seem to be so lax and limp that there is absolutely no deterrent at all.  There is so much crime in this country now, both petty and serious, and there quite plainly is the cause.

Back to the '60s, I say, including hanging for murder.  If nothing is done, the UK will not only be the crime capital of Europe, it will be the crime capital of the entire world.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Cassandra

Quote from: Michael Rolls on June 03, 2024, 03:46:46 PMI'd have given the scum a damn sight more than 5 years - out in under 3

Unfortunately the maximum available to the Judge Michael, under current legislation.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on June 04, 2024, 02:34:40 PMUnfortunately the maximum available to the Judge Michael, under current legislation.
Hopefully some of the other inmates will make every day feel like a life sentence.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on June 04, 2024, 02:34:40 PMUnfortunately the maximum available to the Judge Michael, under current legislation.
Then the legislature must raise the maximum levels of sentencing.
I'm afraid that these days the criminal fraternity have everything in their favour which, of course, does nothing other than encourage even more crime.
Numquam credere Gallicum

dextrous63

Who determines the maximum sentences?

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 04, 2024, 10:08:21 PMWho determines the maximum sentences?
I'm sure that the maxima are set by a department of the Snivel Service, perhaps upon direction of the government... possibly.
Judges then, I assume, have the choice of what to issue up to and including the maximum permitted.

Of course, there is then the restriction of having no spare prison spaces!
Numquam credere Gallicum