Little enjoyable election snippets

Started by klondike, May 25, 2024, 10:23:48 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

I just got a personally addressed flyer from the Tories begging me to vote for them

Now I'm pretty much sure that they only have my name and address from when I was a member and I would have hoped that would have been removed when I resigned my membership.

Now can I be bothered to ask them to remove my details from their records? Are they in any breach of data protection laws? Will they sell them on in the fire sale when the party disbands?

Looking at the flyer it says that my name came from the electoral register. Well yes I'm on there but are they mailing everybody who is? I doubt that. It says I can go to their website and ask for them to refrain from contacting me again but says nothing about any data they hold about me.
https://www.conservatives.com/contact

Done that but I have also sent this email to [email protected]

I have received a personalised mailing. I assume this was because I was once a party member. I resigned that membership. Please remove all data you hold about me from any of your databases.I revoke any rights I may have granted for you to retain anything about me.

My name and address

Please confirm that this action has been taken.

Regards

JBR

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

JBR

Have they bothered to reply yet?  🤣 
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I don't expect one very quickly. They probably get 28 days for any data protection queries and may well be in administration before that  :grin:

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on June 17, 2024, 09:36:03 PMI don't expect one very quickly. They probably get 28 days for any data protection queries and may well be in administration before that  :grin:
Wonder how they'd take it if you said that you'd like a retrospective refund of any monies you've paid in over the years since you view that they have been in breach of contract😬😉

klondike

Ah well as Farage says manifestos are not contracts you see. They would be far more useful if printed on tissue instead of that horrible glossy paper. I wouldn't mind them putting their own photos on them then either.

klondike

From Nextdoor the local neighbours forum...

Jimmy J.
Kings Heath
• 9 hrs ago •

Countdown;
Don't forget, put the blue bin OUT on the 4th of July. Bin Rishi.

klondike

Amazingly quick reply on my request to remove my details from the Conservative party database.

They have done as requested but will retain the standard Electoral Roll data they hold for everybody along with a note not to contact me again. Financial records of my membership payment have to be retained for 6 years too.

Page and a half standard  letter which goes what this stuff must cost every business.

klondike

Betting scandal drags ever on

The Gambling Commission has told the Met Police that five further police officers are alleged to have placed bets related to the date of the election, the police force says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cqqqqx25rz0t

The Conservative Party has withdrawn its support for two candidates who are being investigated over betting on the timing of the general election.

The Conservative election campaign has been plunged into crisis as two Tory candidates, two officials, and an officer from Rishi Sunak's close protection team are being investigated by the Gambling Commission over the placing of bets on the timing of the election.

https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-party-withdraws-support-for-two-candidates-embroiled-in-betting-scandal-13158495

Meanwhile police are still looking for a mystery shortarse Indian with ankle flapper trousers and a cheesy grin who put £5,000,000 on the Tories losing and standing to win £100 if that comes about

Alex

Meanwhile police are still looking for a mystery shortarse Indian with ankle flapper trousers and a cheesy grin

love that  :grin:  :grin:  :grin: