Little enjoyable election snippets

Started by klondike, May 25, 2024, 10:23:48 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Starmer says he would scrap law protecting NI veterans from prosecution  :shocked:

klondike

We are in for a rough ride for sure. Mind you we've been having a rough ride already.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on June 03, 2024, 03:06:30 PMStarmer says he would scrap law protecting NI veterans from prosecution  :shocked:
Good.  That alone will lose him a lot of votes.

Of course, as his name (Mr Flip-Flop) would suggest, he says one thing and then changes it the next day.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I think Nigel Farage deciding to run after all is my favourite snippet so far. 

dextrous63

Am surprised that Hamas isn't standing in the GE given that apparently most people in the uk support Palestine🙄

GrannyMac

Quote from: Sheila on May 27, 2024, 01:24:27 PMI'm sure my 17 year old GD knows nothing about politics.  She leaves for college about 7.30 a.m. returning 12 hours later and works in a cafe at the weekend.  There's no time for the news etc.
Sounds like my GD who is the same age.  She'll have a break from study but work more during the holidays, then its head down til A levels.  And she's learning to drive. No interest in politics. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 03, 2024, 10:08:52 AMYes, I have heard many times that Reform will not get a single seat.  It's the way our biased electoral system works.

Nevertheless, I am resolved to vote for them.  Whatever happens, and I'm sure that Labour will form the next government (with or without Abbott), people will rejoice... briefly.

Then the downward trend of the appalling situation this country is in will continue.  My conscience is clear.
That makes two of us.

June 04, 2024, 10:27:10 AM
Quote from: GrannyMac on May 27, 2024, 07:41:47 AMVotes for 16 year olds. Why not 12, or 5?  I think 18 was a push when Wilson reduced it, but historically the young (apart from one William Hague) are left leaning.
I'll accept voting at 16 so long as they can also be named publicly for whatever reason.

They can't vote & play the 'child card' both at the same time. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 04, 2024, 10:25:56 AMThat makes two of us.

June 04, 2024, 10:27:10 AMI'll accept voting at 16 so long as they can also be named publicly for whatever reason.

👍

Raven

Quote from: Diasi on June 04, 2024, 10:25:56 AMI'll accept voting at 16 so long as they can also be named publicly for whatever reason.

Now that's very true, if they want to play grown ups then they accept what goes alongside it, good and bad.

klondike

First election flyer arrives. I assume they must be putting up a candidate. I assume all their proposals are fully costed - well probably as well as all the rest are.

Raven

Sounds great doesn't it, but they won't get in so they can say what the hell they want. Without being held to account.  :hmm:

JBR

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex