Immigration

Started by Alex, January 21, 2022, 12:41:02 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

The guy whose clips I've been watching has been arrested, not for the  first time but this time the media has reported it.  He wasn't breaking any laws, (allegedly) so why he was detained is puzzling.  I guess they don't want the British people to see the scale of this invasion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8604003/Man-filmed-migrants-arriving-Dover-arrested-breach-peace.html

klondike

There was mention of the daily stats potentially being dropped. Now that coud be a project as I have all the scripting in place to download numbers and make graphs so it wouldn't take much to have my own asylum watch. Pethaps I could get arrested to for making public information  errr... public. Must look to see where the numbers get published.....

Looks like Migration Watch have it largely covered. Perhaps I'll go and buy some rise aid instead.

Jacqueline

He is only being silenced for as he is showing us what is happening, and they don't want the plebs to know.

Raven

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 21, 2022, 01:12:01 PM
He is only being silenced for as he is showing us what is happening, and they don't want the plebs to know.

I think most people already know AND are sick of it.  :angry:

GrannyMac

We hear, rightly, about the rising numbers of immigrants arriving by dinghy. But to some extent, those numbers have been offset by the reduction in those arriving by road, and certainly by the falling numbers of EU migrants since Brexit.

The government has always had control over visa entrants, now EU would be migrants also need visas, which are pretty much points based.  The asylum routes can't be totally blocked, but how these asylum claimants are dealt with is the challenge for whichever party is in power.  If people think not enough is being done by the current lot, heaven help us if Labour get in. 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Labour.!! Labour.!  GrannyMac .. I never had you down for using naughty words..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Oppositions don't win elections Governments lose them.

Raven

I voted Labour ever since I was old enough to vote. I even voted for them when Tony Blair became PM. That was the last time though, But I live in hope that one day I can return to voting for them.

klondike

The danger is in their structure. You have an electable leader. He gets voted in. The Marxists or Trots  (not sure of the difference as I didn't do politics to O level) who run the executive depose said leader and Bob's your uncle (or maybe aunty these days) you have a hard left government.

There is nothing new in this. In his book The Fourth Protocol Forsyth was speculating it would happen when Kinnock got elected. Perhaps we we all got lucky when Kinnock took that pratfall on the beach somewhere during the campaign.

Raven

I have never followed Politics, My folks voted labour, as they were at that time all for the working people, I just followed my parents. I did start to take a wee bit of an interest while I was at home pregnant.....and bored, very bored. There was an election coming up, and I realised then that the Tories were not the party for people like me, so I kept voting Labour. I liked Tony when he first arrived, I thought what a nice young man, hopefully he'll do well. The rest as they say is history. :nooo:

klondike

I guess we all get influenced by our parents but I've also been influenced by achievements. I don't recall a single labour government that left the working man actually any better off and the public finances not in urgent need of a visit to...

Alex

Me too, I grew up in a Labour house and my Dad was a red hot trade unionist so I followed in their footsteps.  I even helped out at local elections, at the polling booths taking numbers, pushing leaflets through doors, stuff like that..   I was made up when Tony Blair became PM he was like a breath of fresh air at the time.  Only the 'posh' people voted Tory, how times have changed.

GrannyMac

My father was a member of the Conservative and Unionist party. Politics was never discussed at home when I was a child, and he died when I was a teen. I suppose some of my thinking comes from my background, although my life as an adult has been different.  I still believe in personal responsibility, which to some would make me a Tory.  I also want a proper welfare state to support the genuinely vulnerable.  I was, and still am, a member of a trade union.  As a public sector employee, I was paid fairly, and had decent conditions, but was often at odds with those who kept wanting more.  My OH paid his subs to Equity and the Musicians Union for years. I don't recall any benefits from membership of either.  Being self employed is a whole other ballgame.

I believe no one who is able to work should live wholly off the rest of society.  Sadly I think Labour appeared to give permission for just that.  They were paying unlimited housing benefits to claimants in parts of the country that were unaffordable for most.   Thank goodness its been capped since then.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1293730/Somali-asylum-seeker-family-given-2m-house--complaining-5-bed-London-home-poor-area.html
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Causing outrage in some quarters...

Raven

I remember that and was none to chuffed about it. In fact I thought it a bloody cheek.  :angry: