Acid Attack

Started by Alex, February 01, 2024, 10:16:28 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

This is when I wish we had American cops on our streets..

There was all hell to pay when the cop ( Derek Chauvin) kneeled on the neck of George Floyd way back.. I bet there are people out there who wished they hadn't protested about that.. It gave the ***ck man much power.. So much so that I dare not refer to another as being black..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ruthio

Great piece in today's Telegraph,  I'll copy and paste it if you like 

Scrumpy

Ruthio

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 07, 2024, 05:22:10 PMPlease do Ruthio..
-Here we go then...

When will we stop men from barbaric cultures acting out their evil ideologies on British soil?

"No civilised nation should accept the importing of patriarchal, women-hating attitudes that put our citizens at risk
When I first heard about the appalling acid (as we then thought) attack on a woman and two children in south London, these were my slightly garbled first thoughts: 
a)Some kind of  "honour" attack carried out by an enraged man of South Asian origin on a woman he believes he has lost control of. 
b)Punishment for perceived female "disobedience", teaching her a lesson she will never forget. Literally "loss of face". Horrifying. 
c) Inflicting mutilation on her small daughters to make them "damaged goods" as future brides and cause yet more anguish to the mum.   
d) Attacker almost certainly man from patriarchal, misogynist culture who should not be able to import those barbaric, women-hating values to civilised Western country like the UK.   
e) Generalised dismay that hundreds more young men from such cultures are arriving on our shores every day and they are treated as "asylum seekers" rather than as what they are – a potential threat to the safety of women and children. 
I wasn't too far out, or so it may prove. An Afghan who hid in a lorry to gain entry illegally to the UK, Abdul Ezedi (the alleged attacker), is now the subject of what the Metropolitan Police amusingly called a manhunt "at pace" .

As opposed to a slightly more laid-back, mañana manhunt, perhaps? Ezedi is rather easily identifiable, since he appears to have burnt off half his own face (good, serves him right), yet he still hasn't been caught and there are suggestions he may have found shelter in east London. 
What even I, in the depths of cynicism about our criminally inept Home Office and broken, insanely generous migration system, did not foresee was that the alleged attacker would be an asylum seeker whose claim had been rejected twice, but was then accepted after he had been convicted of a sexual offence in 2018.
How could this possibly be? What is a man like that even doing here? You may well ask.

In what nation with the most basic concern for the welfare of its citizens could a refugee who had already proved himself to be a menace to women be granted the privilege of British residence? Home Office guidance says that offences which cause serious harm prevent a person from being granted asylum, but Ezedi was able to out-victim any potential victims.
Having converted from Islam to Christianity, his lawyers (paid for by the poor bloody British taxpayer) could argue he was at risk of persecution in his native Afghanistan. At his third appeal, the tribunal judge appears to have focused on the fact that Ezedi's recently-acquired faith (ahem) would place him at risk from the Taliban. Some hapless priest helped out, reportedly telling the tribunal that Ezedi, a Halal-observant Muslim according to neighbours in Newcastle, was a "committed Christian".

Every single person and institution in that witless, delusional chain of events is to blame for the fact that a woman is in hospital right now, heavily sedated and horribly disfigured with "life-changing injuries", quite possibly blind. (The two girls, happily, have been discharged from hospital and are expected to make a good recovery.)
I give you those responsible, ladies and gentlemen: the judge who ignored the guidance and gave Ezedi a third-time-lucky chance. The immigration lawyers who made big bucks from arguing a bad man's flawed case and allegedly taught him all the tricks and loopholes. The Home Office, which should have made representations during the appeal hearing that Ezedi must be denied asylum because of his sexual offence; except staff at the Home Office don't seem all that bothered about illegal migration, do they? James Cleverly, the Home Secretary, who presides over this lethal farce; the Government, which could leave the European Convention on Human Rights and kick out nasty pieces of work like Ezedi, but prefers to maintain its "international reputation" and record on human rights while endangering its own citizens; the Church of England, and other Christian organisations, which take sanctimonious delight in baptising suspiciously large numbers of asylum seekers and to hell with what the British people want. 

And, finally, the Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby who told the House of Lords in a speech against the Rwanda bill that asylum seekers are "of great value" and Christian tradition was to "welcome the stranger" while accusing those of us who want an end to illegal migration of "shrill narratives that all who come to us for help should be treated as liars, scroungers or less than fully human".
churches as a one-stop shop to bolster their asylum case".

Dr Guli Francis-Dehqani, the Bishop of Chelmsford, denied the allegation, writing in this newspaper: "Churches have no power to circumvent the Government's duty to vet and approve applications – the responsibility for this rests with the Home Office." Claims that a person may be "fast-tracked through the asylum system, aided and abetted by the Church are simply inaccurate," huffed Dr Francis-Dehqani.
But they will. Tragically, and unforgivably, they will. Unless the system is urgently reformed, you can be sure that many more innocent people will suffer and die because our Government and our national Church place more value on the human rights of asylum seekers with beliefs that are entirely alien to our culture than the wellbeing of British citizens.

All together now: "What are those people even doing here?"

klondike

Excellent piece. Which will doubtless be ignored by those who should be ashamed for what they have done and failed to do.

JBR

Yes, an excellent example of what is happening in our clear sight, supported by our hopeless politicians and typically naive churchmen.

Most of us, the British people, can see exactly what is going on, but what can we do?
Yes, we have a vote every four years or so, but many of us are brainwashed to believe that only the 'two main parties' are actually electable.

All we can hope for is that the majority of British people can eventually realise the only real solution to saving our country.  The likely outcome is that people will not see sense until the point where we, the white British, are no longer the majority in our land.   Too late then, of course.

So who exactly should we blame?
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ruthio

You ask..."So who exactly should we blame? "

I give you those responsible, ladies and gentlemen: the judge who ignored the guidance and gave Ezedi a third-time-lucky chance. The immigration lawyers who made big bucks from arguing a bad man's flawed case and allegedly taught him all the tricks and loopholes. The Home Office, which should have made representations during the appeal hearing that Ezedi must be denied asylum because of his sexual offence; except staff at the Home Office don't seem all that bothered about illegal migration, do they? James Cleverly, the Home Secretary, who presides over this lethal farce; the Government, which could leave the European Convention on Human Rights and kick out nasty pieces of work like Ezedi, but prefers to maintain its "international reputation" and record on human rights while endangering its own citizens; the Church of England, and other Christian organisations, which take sanctimonious delight in baptising suspiciously large numbers of asylum seekers and to hell with what the British people want. 

Alex

I'll say again, too many ' foreigners' manning the Home Office.

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2024, 08:57:59 PMI'll say again, too many ' foreigners' manning the Hone Office.
Could you translate that into Urdu, Arabic and Swahili so the HO can understand it?

JBR

Quote from: Ruthio on February 07, 2024, 08:44:25 PMYou ask..."So who exactly should we blame? "

I give you those responsible, ladies and gentlemen: the judge who ignored the guidance and gave Ezedi a third-time-lucky chance. The immigration lawyers who made big bucks from arguing a bad man's flawed case and allegedly taught him all the tricks and loopholes. The Home Office, which should have made representations during the appeal hearing that Ezedi must be denied asylum because of his sexual offence; except staff at the Home Office don't seem all that bothered about illegal migration, do they? James Cleverly, the Home Secretary, who presides over this lethal farce; the Government, which could leave the European Convention on Human Rights and kick out nasty pieces of work like Ezedi, but prefers to maintain its "international reputation" and record on human rights while endangering its own citizens; the Church of England, and other Christian organisations, which take sanctimonious delight in baptising suspiciously large numbers of asylum seekers and to hell with what the British people want.
Yes, of course.  Virtually everyone in any authority are to blame.

But the aim of my question was really who is at the root cause.  I'm sure it must be someone in power, and the rest (or most of them) are just following suit knowing that they are 'just doing their jobs'.

The really sad, and upsetting, thing is that there is nothing that we, the ordinary people, can do about it...
other than voting, of course, for what it's worth!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I've seen mention that his injuries coud be fatal if left untreated. Here's hoping.

muddy

Gb news thinks he may have jumped off a bridge and drowned in the Thames .
No proof though .
It would be better all around 

Scrumpy

More slime in our already polluted Thames..

klondike

Fish gotta eat don't they?

GrannyMac

Quote from: muddy on February 09, 2024, 04:43:51 PMGb news thinks he may have jumped off a bridge and drowned in the Thames .
No proof though .
It would be better all around
Cameras caught him on Chelsea Bridge, but not exiting it anywhere.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖