Is Nigel returning to front line politics?

Started by klondike, December 28, 2023, 10:18:42 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Fevered speculation that Reform UK has just revealed the date of Nigel Farage's comeback

Party has unveiled the date for new year press conference to make a major announcement ... now tongues are wagging about the former Brexit Party leader.

Speculation that Nigel Farage is about to make a dramatic return to frontline politics has hit fever pitch as his Reform UK party – formerly the Brexit Party – made an important announcement.

Richard Tice, Reform UK's leader, who took over when Mr Farage stepped back from politics in 2020, has revealed the date for a major announcement in what will be election year.

Journalists have been invited to join Mr Tice and "guests" at a central London five-star hotel to hear about plans going into what will be general election year for Britain.

Asked if there will be an announcement about Mr Farage, Mr Tice teasingly replied: "Patience is a virtue."

Instead, he has asked journalists to join him and friends at the event on January 3 – a date some now think could go down in history as the moment Mr Farage stepped back into the fray

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1849872/fevered-speculation-nigel-farage-comeback-reform-uk

Note that this is an Express story - the home of click bait and here isa vieo of an interview wherehe says no plans.

JBR

An interesting announcement.

My first thought is that if Nigel does decide to stand for Reform in the next GE, he will present the party with an enormous leg up as he is a very popular guy now.

My next thought is, where would he stand for election if he did join Reform?  As he would be a major player if elected as an MP, it would benefit Reform to ask him to stand in a favourable location.  I'm afraid that I have no idea which constituency would be the most favourable for this, but hopefully the Reform organisers do.

If Nigel does become an MP, even if Reform is not a major party, it would benefit the nation as a whole for him to be able to table motions or debate them in the Commons.  He is, after all, an able and convincing speaker.  I'm sure of this having heard him speak in Brussels.

Assuming that all of this does come to pass, and assuming that despite that, Labour might form the next government, we have the advantage that a Labour government would be more than likely to make a real mess of it!  Consequently, if an early election is called a year or two afterwards, Nigel's appearances and convincing arguments in the Commons would be likely to help the succeeding government to be Reform!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Yak, yak ,yak..  Yet more news about what this person might or might not do..
What makes him so special.. ?  
He is beginning to believe his own hype .
 He should either do something positive or just shut up..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 29, 2023, 07:38:49 AMWhat makes him so special.. ? 

It could be that he does what he says he'll do when given the chance.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Ashy

The Romans gave us spaghetti, bullfights and CCTV in exchange for gold and tin.

ansu

As a so-called convinced European I have my own views on Nigel Farage. When the UK still was a member of the EU he was against everything and scolding Brussels, but accepted the money he got as a member of the EU parliament, after the Brexit he disappeared in oblivion with sort of flimsy excuses, so what are his intents now? Sorry, I know I am poking into the bee net with my post, but sometimes I have difficulties in understanding the way of thinking of the Brits.

Raven

Your not the only one Ansu, not the only one.  :worried:

Scrumpy

He certainly knows how to make a few bob for himself.. 1.5 million for going into a jungle.. Good luck to him for doing that..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: ansu on December 29, 2023, 10:41:25 AMAs a so-called convinced European I have my own views on Nigel Farage. When the UK still was a member of the EU he was against everything and scolding Brussels, but accepted the money he got as a member of the EU parliament, after the Brexit he disappeared in oblivion with sort of flimsy excuses, so what are his intents now? Sorry, I know I am poking into the bee net with my post, but sometimes I have difficulties in understanding the way of thinking of the Brits.

We had a referendum about seven years ago as to whether to remain in the EU or to leave.
The majority vote was to leave.  Cameron, the PM at the time was rather disappointed as he hoped that we would vote to remain in, and consequently left the office of PM.  A lot of other people, but less than half of those who voted, were rather upset and have been whingeing about the vote ever since!
That, however, is democracy.  Some people apparently don't like democratic decisions!

My personal opinion is that I am glad that we left the EU.  I prefer to be governed by the British parliament rather than a foreign conglomerate, who naturally have the interest of other countries in preference to our own, as has been demonstrated throughout our membership of the EU.  I insist that our country should remain independent of control by foreign authorities.
Despite that, I still respect the people of other countries and have enjoyed visiting several, mainly European countries.

As for Nigel Farage, I admire his ability and insistence in standing up for our country.  Sadly, very few of our elected politicians have the ability or incentive to do that.

Ashy

I would like to think that the British people voted as we did because we do not like to be dictated to by a foreign government. We believe we can have co-operation and trade with other countries but that does not require a foreign unelected extra government to achieve.

Anyone who thinks the eu has been a success for Europeans might like to look at cities like Paris, Dublin and Rome, full of tents and non european migrants.  

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 29, 2023, 11:17:38 AMHe certainly knows how to make a few bob for himself.. 1.5 million for going into a jungle.. Good luck to him for doing that..

Well he won't be getting the £353 a day House of Lords public funded handout for having achieved nothing more than being a lickspittle Liberal, thats for sure ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

ansu

"My personal opinion is that I am glad that we left the EU.  I prefer to be governed by the British parliament rather than a foreign conglomerate, who naturally have the interest of other countries in preference to our own, as has been demonstrated throughout our membership of the EU. "
I think here you are a bit wrong - we are still governed by our German parliament and I doubt an European government will ever be created.
When I attended school I was dreaming of a united Europe, because I noticed that we can learn a lot from other European nations and we did it. How easy the people living in Southern Europe take life even if they are poor. In my opinion the EU really has advantages, i.e. in nearly all countries we have the same money and easily can compare the prices, no customs controls (I have worked in the exportation service and it was a lot of paperwork required to export our goods to other European countries), no adaptors for electric gadgets required  etc. and last but not least we all belong to the same community. 
However, I can understand you - you are living on an isle, i.e. under different conditions. 

Diasi

Quote from: ansu on December 29, 2023, 10:41:25 AMsometimes I have difficulties in understanding the way of thinking of the Brits.
Yes, that's been the downfall of quite a few non-Brits.

Says I trying to avoid a 'John Cleese' moment.  :grin:

Farage couldn't have achieved the UK leaving the EU if he hadn't been an MEP, that was the sole purpose of him becoming one.

He was able to keep us informed about the absolute crock of shit the EU is.

You need to realise that we would, more than likely, have left in 1975 if it hadn't been for the complete pack of lies that we were told about us paying the lower EU prices for petrol etc, which never happened.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: ansu on December 30, 2023, 10:00:11 AM"My personal opinion is that I am glad that we left the EU.  I prefer to be governed by the British parliament rather than a foreign conglomerate, who naturally have the interest of other countries in preference to our own, as has been demonstrated throughout our membership of the EU. "
I think here you are a bit wrong - we are still governed by our German parliament and I doubt an European government will ever be created.
When I attended school I was dreaming of a united Europe, because I noticed that we can learn a lot from other European nations and we did it. How easy the people living in Southern Europe take life even if they are poor. In my opinion the EU really has advantages, i.e. in nearly all countries we have the same money and easily can compare the prices, no customs controls (I have worked in the exportation service and it was a lot of paperwork required to export our goods to other European countries), no adaptors for electric gadgets required  etc. and last but not least we all belong to the same community.
However, I can understand you - you are living on an isle, i.e. under different conditions.
Interesting.
Are you saying that you people in Germany are not subject to laws created in Brussels by the European Commission?

To me, a national government within the EU equates to our local councils who, for example, have the powers to place road signs in certain places and fine people for not following their local rules.  
However, national rules in the UK are created by the national government.

Please, if I am incorrect, explain the true situation for me.