so

November 23, 2023, 12:01:27 AM
bugger! too slow
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Yep, it's tomorrow now and the wind is blowing a hoolie here  :rolleyes:

Diasi

How I wish today was tomorrow because today our remaining Yorkie will go to sleep.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

So sorry to hear that Phil. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Oh Phil - how awful -  I am so sorry - I know only too well how heart wrenching it is
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Thanks, she's been declining over the past few weeks but went downhill quite rapidly over the last couple of days.

Double whammy as she's the last dog I'll have.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Oh Phil.. My heart goes out to you.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Phil I'm so very sorry I know what she means to you.  They say this is the final kind act you do for your pet, but it doesn't feel like that when it's actually happening.  My thoughts are with you.

Raven

Diasi

Thanks everyone.

The little un went to sleep at 09:30 & she was cremated at 12:00 so she was back home for 13:30.

The hardest part now is walking into a silent house & not having her chasing round when I go near the fridge.

I still have to care for the cats but to make a house feel alive you really do need a dog.
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Very sorry to hear that Diasi.
Our first and second cats died, the second at 23 but the first at quite a young age.
I feel no embarrassment that I cried on both occasions.
Now we have two young sisters, and I know I'll feel exactly the same when their times come.  😢
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

ansu

I am also very sorry to hear that. 
I never had a pet as I was travelling a lot during the last few years, but I assume it's hard when you lose it. 

Cassandra

Quote from: Diasi on November 23, 2023, 05:16:41 PMThanks everyone.

The little un went to sleep at 09:30 & she was cremated at 12:00 so she was back home for 13:30.

The hardest part now is walking into a silent house & not having her chasing round when I go near the fridge.

I still have to care for the cats but to make a house feel alive you really do need a dog.

Phil I'm really so very sorry. I've lost so many creatures over the years and their recall still brings tears and the memories are therefore a bitter-sweet trade-off - but ...

I've always taken on another little soul and quickly. Like two I have now 'Doris & Tetley' they were second chance candidate re-homes. I once had a devoted little cross breed named 'Scruff'. He was eight when he joined me from a 'rescue centre', soon after my wife had passed at 47 and one of her cats was run over. His owner had suffered vascular dementia and they were separated. So we shared our sorrows it seemed.

I've never had a more devoted dog, he was always so pleased to see me and regularly attended chambers, where he had many devoted lady staff members who 'adopted' him into their offices, but after twenty minutes or so of 'tea and biscuits at various levels' he'd seek out his 'Dad', (before accepting another offer for Garibaldi's)! Indeed he was around when I joined the bench and the assistants I had were similarly fond. At one 'session', which dragged he could be heard howling. I called a recess and later apologised to the assembled explaining my house-mate was worried where I'd been and what I'd been listening to. I'd had to explain "we were late due to some extravagant dispositions from both Councils". I found him to be a great help in my acceptance of the complete life change I was entering. I'm also placated in recall by the fact that he had a full and happy later life and knew he was loved so much.

I won't advise you to do likewise, because as you know I'm essentially an existentialist and each to their own ...

[aged attachment deleted by system]
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

Scruff... has stolen my heart.. 💗 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..