Serious problems: the Law and the Police

Started by JBR, November 18, 2023, 01:48:50 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

These are perhaps the most serious things that are happening in this country today.
It all stems from 1990 and Bliar who brought in new rules which created all of today's problems.

But what to do about these problems now?

The courts and punishments: there are several options.  Yes, the prisons are full, but why not more to a cell?  Those in prison are there because they have broken the law.  They are treated far better than they deserve.  Yes, the do-gooders insist that if they are given training and spoken to softly, they will change and become a real asset to the country.  Have they done that?
A far more persuasive act would be to punish them far more harshly, depending upon who they are and what they have done and certainly for the many repeat offenders.
Like anything else, it is a matter of deterrence, not persuasion.

Then the police.  I believe that, like government, the person or people in charge are nothing more than incompetent.  The two, government and police, are closely connected: the government create laws, the police apply them.  I am sure that both government and police are afraid, afraid of the people and organisations who, surely it cannot now be denied, are intending to eventually take over our country.
How far will it go?
Will the inevitable happen, or will there be a long-awaited move by the authorities to prevent it?
Or even the people?  Civil war!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

I believe the drift to liberalisation, certainly in the translation of sentencing guidelines as authoritatively instructed by Blair is now interacting to the changing mix of UK populative circumstance.

This polarity has resulted in a loud, but still mathematically 'minority' swiftly changing the complexion of everything from diet to religion, little of it compatible to the indigenous society's practised way of life.

A new paradigm is settling in Britain now, where the latter is now administered by the 'judicial mindset' when interaction between opposing social factions materialises. Climbing on War Memorials etc. is now deemed to be acceptable. Why? because of the 'interpretation' of justice and sadly the police fearing the mob and it's new threat to civil order.

The result practically seems to be the minority imposing it's new power over the majority? However another factor 'education' plays a fast evolving part in UK National identity. Children are being instructed with left wing only opinions and encouraged at the age of five, to leave the classroom and demonstrate with their teacher's for an ideology they cannot possibly appreciate.

George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' is perhaps being promoted to fact from fiction?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

It seems to me that "The Only Way is Up" was 180 degrees out. I see no solution being achieved as the rulers seem quite happy and most of the ruled haven't realised what is happening yet. When they eventually do it will have happened.

Michael Rolls

I was appalled - and remain so - that the Commissioner of the Met said that those climbing over war memorials were not committing a crime.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on November 18, 2023, 07:41:07 PMI was appalled - and remain so - that the Commissioner of the Met said that those climbing over war memorials were not committing a crime.

As was I.  :boo:  :angry:

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I feel the same about the police lack of intervention, but just read that 9 Extinction Rebellion
activists were cleared of causing £500,000 worth of criminal damage for shattering windows at HSBC bank in London.  As there were photos of them with hammer and chisel in hand, how on earth was this verdict reached ? :boo:

dextrous63

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Alex on November 19, 2023, 09:08:41 AMI feel the same about the police lack of intervention, but just read that 9 Extinction Rebellion
activists were cleared of causing £500,000 worth of criminal damage for shattering windows at HSBC bank in London.  As there were photos of them with hammer and chisel in hand, how on earth was this verdict reached ? :boo:
for pity's sake!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

dextrous63

So, who financed the repairs?  The bank, which would mean that customers lose out.  Insurance? Well, the crime reference number is no longer valid as there was no criminal action after all.

Think I'll go and fill a few trolleys with food from Asda and walk out without paying, in protest of supermarkets' profit margins and the way they squeeze suppliers.

Then off to the Trafford centre for some shop lifting for Christmas.  Feel free to send me a list of anything you want, especially from the Apple Store and designer label shops, plus jewellers of course.  I'll find a reason to call it a protest.

JBR

Yes, due to lack of any interest by either the police or the courts, Britain is becoming the crime capital of the world.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

British police, I think 12 or 13 of them tackle one example of cultural enrichment !

https://twitter.com/i/status/1726154079037182154

klondike

Alex

Dear Lord, imagine that lot policing New York or even Paris. !!!!!

klondike

It's the sort of brains that allowed that lot to make prats of themselves that sent a dozen coppers after a bloke with a big knife with only stab vests and no tasers.