are our politicians worth the money their paid,

Started by alfred, January 19, 2022, 07:28:24 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

Very recently iv read some where that the chancellor  has or is going to pay the m.ps in parliament another £10.000 pounds a year on top of what their already being paid ,

and giving money away much like confetti to other places, yet with ever rising price increases in food and everything else  he hasn't done very much to keep the pensioners pension up to date despite inflation at this moment in time is over 5% 

by the time it get reviewed you can bet he will find another reason for not increasing the deficit which is now  well below par,

it seems this government would like to see the pensions reduced to zero as to them we must be a burden being as we no longer pay any taxes which we did in the past,

so when it comes to election time i hope pensioners everywhere will remember this chiselling chancellor who it seems doesn't even consider us at all, tv licence, bus passes, what else can he think of to deprive us of;

Q; do you have any thoughts on this so called caring tory government , if so what do you think ought to happen to them ????

Raven

Most of them are from well off families and despite what they say, they really don't have a clue about the poorly paid
I would like to see them all on the Minium Wage with no Extras. If they stuck the job and became decent politicians I would start to respect some of them.

Alex

BASIC MONTHLY SALARY OF MPs IN THE EU

Italy: € 10 435
Austria: € 10 134
Germany: € 9 082 (6 times Minimum Wage)
Denmark: € 7835
Netherlands: € 7481 (10 times Minimum Wage)   I think we come in between the Germans and the Danish MPs, but my maths were never very good. :grin:

No they're not worth the money.

Jacqueline

They should be on performance rated pay, that would show their true worth, not a lot.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 20, 2022, 12:20:27 AM
They should be on performance rated pay, that would show their true worth, not a lot.
Love to see it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Jacqueline on January 20, 2022, 12:20:27 AM
Good idea. Then they'd have first hand experience of food banks too...

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

klondike

Quote from: Alex on January 20, 2022, 12:12:36 AM
I think we come in between the Germans and the Danish MPs, but my maths were never very good. :grin:
Fortunately Google's is
£81,932pa = £6,827pcm =  € 8,193

Which by coindence I see makes the calculation a doddle.  € 1.2 = £1

We live in a time when intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended

Michael Rolls

MPs salaries - in 1971 I was having lunch with the local MP and a GP and we got to discussing salaries. At the time my salary was just about the same as the basic MP salary (excluding add-ons) and the GPs basic allowance. Retired 25 years later and my salary was still about the same as the MP and GP basics - but to stand still, I had been promoted five times in the intervening years
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2022, 07:27:56 AM
Fortunately Google's is
£81,932pa = £6,827pcm =  € 8,193

Which by coindence I see makes the calculation a doddle.  € 1.2 = £1

I guessed right then  :cool: :cool: :cool:

klondike