Main Menu

SNP Offices

Started by Alex, January 19, 2022, 02:59:26 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I don't know if this is really true  :hmm: but I've just been reading that the SNP has offices around the world.   The SNP Government spends £9million a year on offices in Beijing, Washington DC, Ottawa, Paris, Brussels, Dublin, Berlin and Copenhagen, as well as one in London.   That's an awful lot of money, for what ?

Raven

They certainly have one in most towns in Scotland. :check: But around the world?  :hmm: That seems a bit daft, but then the media lie about the SNP all the time. :lipsrsealed: :sad:

Raven

Quote from: Alex on January 19, 2022, 04:28:47 PM
Scottish media too  ?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scottish-government-splurges-6m-per-24356885.amp

Hmmm, I'm going to have a word with Ian, a friend who's a SNP Councillor, see what/why they would need offices like that.  :downvote:

Alex

Be interesting to find out, it's a lot of money.   I thought British embassies and consulates were there to help all Brits in foreign lands.

zoony

Quote from: Raven on January 19, 2022, 04:34:25 PM
Hmmm, I'm going to have a word with Ian, a friend who's a SNP Councillor, see what/why they would need offices like that.  :downvote:

When you say 'offices'.. Could it be that in many places overseas a room and a phone would be all you'd need?

klondike

I suppose a soverign state needs to maintain offices overseas. Quite why I must admit I don't know though.

Something for voters to ponder. ..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

zoony

klondike

Well yes but I wondered if there might be some reason beyond my ken that the bean counters may consider legitimate.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Alex

Quote from: klondike on January 19, 2022, 05:32:11 PM
I suppose a soverign state needs to maintain offices overseas. Quite why I must admit I don't know though.

Scotland's not a sovereign state, surely Great Britain is the sovereign state  ?

Michael Rolls

I believe the sovereign state is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Yes? No?
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

Well yes I guess so but does Ms Sturgeon know that?

It was a tongue in cheek question in the first place.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on January 20, 2022, 07:21:27 AM
Well yes I guess so but does Ms Sturgeon know that?

It was a tongue in cheek question in the first place.
She knows it, but doesn't believe it
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]