Rishi

Started by dextrous63, September 07, 2023, 11:05:32 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Today Sunak gave away more of our money, good job it grows on trees in Westminster

Sunak announced he would commit £1.6 billion to the Green Climate Fund fund in response to Indian prime minister Narendra Modi's call for more cash to help developing countries. No. 10 Downing Street officials said this was the biggest single funding commitment made so far by the U.K. to combat climate change internationally.

dextrous63

With £1.6billion, one could buy an awful lot of contraceptives, pay for sterilisations and "morning after" pills.

That'd probably have a far greater impact on any environmental targets than anything else.

klondike

I guess he reckons as he is going to crash and burn he may as well make a good job of that at least.

Michael Rolls

I love the way he is so free and easy with OUR money - couldn't he chip in a bit of his own?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

There are a lot of people terrified of climate change. He probably thinks it's a way to buy votes.

Diasi

Quote from: Weapons Grade on September 10, 2023, 04:12:44 PMWhoever it was that had a quiet word in the ear of Truss probably stopped her from doing any greater damage than she already did in her short career as PM.
Actually, a lot of independent economists are now saying that Liz Truss's policy was a good one but she failed to realise that a false storm would be kicked up by the global money-men who didn't want foreign firms investing in the UK.

Never look at the politics, always follow the money trail.

September 11, 2023, 09:22:39 AM
Quote from: Alex on September 10, 2023, 09:54:20 PMToday Sunak gave away more of our money, good job it grows on trees in Westminster

Sunak announced he would commit £1.6 billion to the Green Climate Fund fund in response to Indian prime minister Narendra Modi's call for more cash to help developing countries. No. 10 Downing Street officials said this was the biggest single funding commitment made so far by the U.K. to combat climate change internationally.

It's going to take a lot more than giving £1.6 billion to the Green Climate Fund to offset China's 300 new coal-fired power stations.

And I'd hardly call a country that's just had a moon landing 'developing'.

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

' It's going to take a lot more than giving £1.6 billion to the Green Climate Fund to offset China's 300 new coal-fired power stations '

That's what makes it even more  absurd.

klondike

Just think how many dinghy boys that would keep in four star luxury...

Raven

Ashy

Sadly the plank has now got to borrow it at relatively high interest rates in order to give it away because the books haven't balanced for years.

Weapons Grade

Hey, come on. At the end of the day most of you seem to support the Conservative Party. What else did you expect from the sort of characters that have been running the country for over a decade?  :smiley:

Alex

Most of us (not all) used to support the Conservative party.  Most are angry and unhappy at what the Tories have become, but we're all old enough to remember what a cat's arse Labour made of it last time they were in power.

Michael Rolls

I remember the ministries of Atlee, Wilson, Callaghan, Blair, Brown - bloody disasters, the lot of them. The current lot have, in my not so humble opinion, the ability to be even worse the the current incompetents - and that's not easy!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on September 11, 2023, 04:09:04 PMMost of us (not all) used to support the Conservative party.  Most are angry and unhappy at what the Tories have become, but we're all old enough to remember what a cat's arse Labour made of it last time they were in power.
Sums it up for me.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Ashy

Labour has suffered so much from mission creep it's now a mouthpiece for minorities and careerists. Like many others I've been let down by every parliament I've had a vote in.