The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

No, No, I don't swim in open water :shocked: I go to my nice safe Leisure Centre Pool.
I take my one mug flask of coffee or latte with me for when I've done my lengths, and then drive round the corner to the Ocean Front to drink it, while I watch the waves and lose my self in the sound. Weekday Ritual have to have my Ocean Fix.  :smiley:

Mups

Just hanging around  waiting for my Ocado order to come.
That's pretty boring, ey.  :smiley:

klondike

Bet they come nearer to time than Royal Mail ever do. They seem to reckon you've nothing better to do than hang around for them.

morty

When it comes to post I reckon my local postie only delivers about once a week or 10 days when they think there's enough to make it worth trawling through the building. 
That's the drawback to living in a block of flats.

Mups

#9304
Quote from: morty on Today at 12:24:55 PMWhen it comes to post I reckon my local postie only delivers about once a week or 10 days when they think there's enough to make it worth trawling through the building.
That's the drawback to living in a block of flats.
Yes, the royal mail service is rubbish now.
So what's their answer to solve it?  . . .    Put the prices up and up.
Do they really think that will encourage more customers!!!   :rolleyes:


Today at 12:33:45 PM
Quote from: klondike on Today at 12:18:15 PMBet they come nearer to time than Royal Mail ever do. They seem to reckon you've nothing better to do than hang around for them.
If its something that needs to be signed for,  we have not much choice but to wait in.
However,  if its anything else - be it Royal Mail or Courier -  I ask them to leave it in my front porch.
Occasionally some courier twits have left it outside in the rain,  but mostly they are pretty good.

Dextrous63

Of all the delivery companies that bring things to our house, Royal Mail is the only one that ever messes up either through lateness or losing things.

klondike

Quote from: Mups on Today at 12:29:52 PMHowever,  if its anything else - be it Royal Mail or Courier -  I ask them to leave it in my front porch.
I have no porch. I do have a quite large parcelbox but I know that some things that are coming won't fit so wait in.

Dextrous63

You could buy a porch online and have it delivered.  😬

klondike

I'd need to buy a bigger front garden. There is a tiny porch but putting a glass door on it just shows any parcels and putting a proper door on it hides the fact it's a porch for delivery people and provides lots of privacy for wrong 'uns to have a go at the front door.

Vlad

Left my garden wellies outside yesterday, it rained...put them on and got soggy feet...
Cutting back all the tomato plants that's the season over.