The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on August 12, 2024, 08:02:37 PMI usually used the hospital blood taking unit as they get a lot more practice. Never had a problem there. Just as well as it is the only option now.

Canulas are a bit more of a faff than just taking a blood sample
It's the specially shaped plasters that hold it in place that I find amazing.  Somebody went to a lot of trouble to design and machine those.

Scrumpy

A beautiful red fox was sleeping on my shed this morning .. He visits often.. I never feed him.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

My friend did feed a fox who became a regular visitor and one day she turned up with 3 babies. 

Scrumpy

I won't have any of that hanky panky in my garden..  :nooo:
He/she sits at the front gate.. Then it strolls off down the road.. It even walks in the middle of the road..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 13, 2024, 08:54:18 AMA beautiful red fox was sleeping on my shed this morning .. He visits often.. I never feed him..

Wonder why he/she chose there?   Did he look poorly?

My friend runs a fox rescue sanctuary.    Last I knew she had about 18 in.

Alex

My friend has put a lovely clip of the fox family on What's App, but unfortunately I don't know how to get that on here.

klondike

You could download it from WhatsApp and upload it to YouTube but the quality would be poor as WhatApp already drops frames and compresses the original. You could ask your friend to put her original video onto YouTube.

Alex

That sounds too complicated !   :grin:

Scrumpy

Quote from: Mups on August 13, 2024, 11:46:14 AMWonder why he/she chose there?  Did he look poorly?

My friend runs a fox rescue sanctuary.    Last I knew she had about 18 in.

The beautiful red fox chose the roof of my shed for a nap because the first rays of sunshine hit that spot.. 
He is well known in the area and well looked after..

Mups

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 14, 2024, 11:42:14 AMThe beautiful red fox chose the roof of my shed for a nap because the first rays of sunshine hit that spot..
He is well known in the area and well looked after..

Oh,  my fault Scrumpy.   I misread your post.
I thought you said the fox was laying in  your shed,  not on the roof. 

Probably a nice spot on the roof -  as you said, early morning sun,  safer from predators, and can see what's coming up there. 

klondike

Foxes don't really have any predators other than people.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 14, 2024, 03:30:31 PMFoxes don't really have any predators other than people.

True.   Just people, and maybe other foxes, or dogs?

klondike

Well a fox is smaller than many domestic pet dogs but they are domestic pet dogs and lead pampered lives. Foxes don't lead pampered lives. Town ones probably just scavenge but country foxes are pretty much the apex predator and would certainly be able to look after themselves.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 14, 2024, 10:58:21 PMWell a fox is smaller than many domestic pet dogs but they are domestic pet dogs and lead pampered lives. Foxes don't lead pampered lives. Town ones probably just scavenge but country foxes are pretty much the apex predator and would certainly be able to look after themselves.

Yes you're probably right.  
They are pretty safe -  except in the hunting season.

Scrumpy