The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Mups

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 11, 2024, 01:04:31 PMGarden centre for coffee with my friend, then a quick dash into Aldi for a couple of things.  OH is getting lunch, then it's garden time.  Not to do any gardening, relaxing with a book in the shade.

Sounds good to me GM.    My kind of Sunday that is. 

GrannyMac

Got a wash dried too.  Easy day.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

GrannyMac

Its going to be hot here!  Charity shop early start, then sit in the shade later.  Housework is banned in the heat! 

dextrous63

Busy start to the day.  Cats fed and pampered, dishwasher emptied, laundry hung out in covered area outside, as it's been raining on and off, tip run done, trip to Aldi done, Asda done.  Now home but will get MiL's washing from launderette in a bit, get car cleaned and have my hair cut.

Nothing much else planned.

klondike

Long while waiting at hospital blood taking unit. Arrived 15 minutes early and was still late registering as there was a big queue then a half hour wait.

It used to be a walk in service and from what I can see of the booking system it may as well just revert to that. I suspect t that it's a lot busier than it used to be as my doctor doesn't even offer blood taking at the surgery. If all GPs have given it the elbow that only leaves the one place for the whole town.

dextrous63

Is it just me, but are the insertion of needles and cannulas becoming more painful?

GrannyMac

The last B12 injection was sore, and my arm looked like someone had thumped it.

We have a drive through service for blood sample taking in an old ambulance station.  No waiting last few times OH has been, plus it saves trying to find a parking space at the hospital.

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on August 12, 2024, 12:58:54 PMIs it just me, but are the insertion of needles and cannulas becoming more painful?
I think it depends on the skill of the person inserting it. One op I had the anaesthetist had some problems and declared the one he used was faulty and used a different one in a slightly different site. After the OP the canular location was more painful than the operation site.

JBR

I have had a number of routine blood tests, usually done by a nurse.  These ladies (yes, I always seem lucky enough to get a lady!) are well-practised and are very good at inserting the needles (in the median cubital vein) almost completely pain free.  I find it almost a pleasure to attend!
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 12, 2024, 01:57:05 PMI think it depends on the skill of the person inserting it. One op I had the anaesthetist had some problems and declared the one he used was faulty and used a different one in a slightly different site. After the OP the canular location was more painful than the operation site.

I agree with that.

One time about a year or more ago,  I had one woman who really, really hurt me.  She was shoving the needle backwards and forwards like she was sweeping a chimney,  and then started waggling it from side to side!      I could have smacked her by then.

Turned out in the end,  the stupid woman wasn't even in a vein!

I was bruised from one side of my arm right across to the other next day.  No one else has ever had a problem with my veins,  only her.

I have refused to see her again.   

JBR

Quote from: Mups on August 12, 2024, 02:57:29 PMI agree with that.

One time about a year or more ago,  I had one woman who really, really hurt me.  She was shoving the needle backwards and forwards like she was sweeping a chimney,  and then started waggling it from side to side!      I could have smacked her by then.

Turned out in the end,  the stupid woman wasn't even in a vein!

I was bruised from one side of my arm right across to the other next day.  No one else has ever had a problem with my veins,  only her.

I have refused to see her again.   

We all have to learn.
Don't you feel proud to have helped her develop her skills?  🤣
Numquam credere Gallicum

Mups

Quote from: JBR on August 12, 2024, 03:07:08 PMWe all have to learn.
Don't you feel proud to have helped her develop her skills?  🤣

NO.    I FLIPPIN' WELL DON'T.    . . . .   walks off muttering . . .  :wink:

dextrous63

My daughter had a woeful nurse like that.

Scrumpy

Phew! Damned hot.. 32.. high humidity..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I usually used the hospital blood taking unit as they get a lot more practice. Never had a problem there. Just as well as it is the only option now.

Canulas are a bit more of a faff than just taking a blood sample