The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

On the train to Scotland! Pretty busy but we have our prebooked seats. Once we get a bit further North the coastline is lovely.

No Internet atm. This may or may not post...
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Receiving you loud and clear GM   have a good time 👍

GrannyMac

Thanks, love going back ❤️ 

Scrumpy

Grass cut.. So chuffed that is over..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Is it cool up in Scotland?

Scrumpy

They say it will rain at 4pm.. I can't see it myself..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

I've come home with 4 Salted Caramel doughnuts, I only intended going to B & Q :cool:

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on August 01, 2024, 03:47:01 PMThey say it will rain at 4pm.. I can't see it myself..
It didn't here although there was some rain showing nearby in my weather app early on so I packed a rain jacket in my backpack when I went for a walk early before the heat appeared.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 01, 2024, 05:33:28 PMIt didn't here although there was some rain showing nearby in my weather app early on so I packed a rain jacket in my backpack when I went for a walk early before the heat appeared.

About an hour ago, it rained for all of 3 mins here.   

It's stifling hot again.   I do wish it would come down to around 20 - 22 °  again.  I've had enough of it.

Silver Tabby

There are storms in Brighton and Leicester at the moment.  Looks like they are heading for the sea - hopefully!

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=0;z=7;y=52.1436;x=-0.0385;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

klondike

Total rain so far since midnight 2mm or in Imperial next to nowt.

When I was considering an evening walk after the less than a deluge stopped it was still 27C or in Imperial forget it. Right now it is 20C or in Imperial hot for this time and I expect the bedroom will still be hot enough to make a fan necessary and a state of undress that would probably scare pets if I had any.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on August 01, 2024, 09:37:16 PMTotal rain so far since midnight 2mm or in Imperial next to nowt.

When I was considering an evening walk after the less than a deluge stopped it was still 27C or in Imperial forget it. Right now it is 20C or in Imperial hot for this time and I expect the bedroom will still be hot enough to make a fan necessary and a state of undress that would probably scare pets if I had any.

Best draw the curtains so any neighbouring pets don't freak out, too.   

August 01, 2024, 10:08:54 PM
Quote from: Silver Tabby on August 01, 2024, 09:18:22 PMThere are storms in Brighton and Leicester at the moment.  Looks like they are heading for the sea - hopefully!

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#m=oss;t=3;s=0;o=0;b=0.00;ts=0;z=7;y=52.1436;x=-0.0385;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Just popped outside with my torch,  and that quick, few minute shower we had earlier has brought every slug and snail in England out again.    My little garden is alive with the darn things tonight.
Bang goes all my young plants by morning!   :evil:

GrannyMac

Quote from: dextrous63 on July 30, 2024, 06:42:07 PMIs it cool up in Scotland?
Mixed. My nose got sunburnt!

August 02, 2024, 06:36:50 AM
Quote from: Alex on August 01, 2024, 04:46:07 PMI've come home with 4 Salted Caramel doughnuts, I only intended going to B & Q :cool:
Save me one!  :grin:

August 02, 2024, 06:38:10 AM
Quote from: klondike on August 01, 2024, 09:37:16 PMTotal rain so far since midnight 2mm or in Imperial next to nowt.

Nice cool bedroom up North, back home and ours is stifling! We have no pets either luckily!  :grin:

Alex

My bedroom window opens on to the extension roof, so I tend to close it at night. Today's forecast is 23 degrees, which is better, I can cope with that  :upvote:

Silver Tabby

Hello everyone - going to be hot here again today - so I am catching up with indoor chores - boring stuff like tidying cupboards and drawers - needs to be done though.
Will start with tea and toast, I think!