The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on June 26, 2024, 09:16:05 PMI saw a forecast saying we'd be having similar weather very soon. Trouble being it's going to be wet and cold.
Oh dear.  Just as well I'm off to Turkey next Thursday then for a week.😊

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on June 26, 2024, 07:17:43 PMBack in my hoodie today....Chilly out. :boo:
Spoke to my sister in law in Dundee last night, I was sitting in the sun, she was indoors in warm clothes!  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

The Lord hath smote them down.

klondike

He does an awful lot of smiting in some parts. It's to make up for the scenery.

dextrous63

He's funny like that.  Moves in mysterious ways, a bit like Larry Grayson used to.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I still have that excitement to come. Mine come tomorrow. Can't wait.

dextrous63

Don't know why our bin men bother with the lorry.  They just seem to strew the contents of our wheelie bins across the road and pavement, which we then bag up and take to the tip.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2024, 09:54:13 AMI still have that excitement to come. Mine come tomorrow. Can't wait.

Yes, mine come tomorrow too.   The anticipation is overwhelming,  shan't sleep a wink tonight.  :grin:

klondike

They seem to change the schedule every time. Guarantee if you put them out the previous night they'll be there til mid afternoon but if you forget they'll have been and gone before you stir from your pit.

Mups

Quote from: klondike on June 27, 2024, 11:33:45 AMThey seem to change the schedule every time. Guarantee if you put them out the previous night they'll be there til mid afternoon but if you forget they'll have been and gone before you stir from your pit.
Hah.   You must have the same bin men as me,  because that is exactly what mine do, too.  :smiley:

Alex

Engineer coming tomorrow for 2nd time.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on June 27, 2024, 06:25:27 PMEngineer coming tomorrow for 2nd time.
Ooo! Alex.. I reckon you have pulled there girl..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

That's what I thought at first Scrumpy :grin:
Unfortunately he's only bringing a new thinggy

GrannyMac

It's been raining! Getting back to normal for summer. 🙄
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖