The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

The water goes cold in our house sometimes, it's usually the water pressure dropped and the boiler has to be topped up. Only takes a minute.

GrannyMac

It's so close this morning. Got up to go to the loo about 4am, can't sleep, too warm.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Same here GM, too uncomfortable to sleep. 

dextrous63

A few neighbours lent our green wheelie bins to another neighbour who had his hedge trimmed (ie butchered).  I saw the fella they used jump up and down in the bins to compress the cuttings.  Having retrieved my own bin (heaven forbid that the neighbour does this...one good turn doesn't deserve another), there's no doubt that the bin men won't empty them next week as they're too heavy.  So, I've bagged up about half my bin and will go to the tip.  What's left is stiff heavy ish, but within reason. 

klondike

The house before this had a huge apple tree in the middle of the garden. Cookers and we could neither use them nor give them away. Next door was empty. I filled both brown bins with them. Next doors bin came back cracked. Well the bin that house ended up with anyway.

I adopted plan B.

There was a piece of waste ground across the rear dirt entry road with a fallen down building and an old apple tree that looked just a few years too young for Noah to have used it to build his ark. I dumped the excess fallers under the tree and they were eaten by birds. Eventually.

The house next door sold and they also bought the waste ground to make another rear garden away from the road. It was cleared and landscaped but the gnarled and ancient apple was kept. I wondered why as it certainly wasn't ornamental. 

Talking to the neighbours later they had seen how prolific our apple was and were saying how they had expected theirs to be too as they had seen all the fallers from it the previous year. I kept quiet.

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

@klondy..😬😬😬😬 excellent story.

Raven

You ones get ALL the good weather. :cry:

dextrous63

It's a tough job Raven, but someone's got to do it.

Raven

klondike

Will take my daily walk earlier than usual. Probably not early enough to avoid some of the heat so I'll be  wearing shorts. Something I rarely do in public.

dextrous63

Open goal Klondy.  Hairy legs 😬

klondike

Back now. Fan is on. First time apart from testing.

June 25, 2024, 12:06:01 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on June 25, 2024, 10:55:36 AMOpen goal Klondy.  Hairy legs 😬
It's plaiting them that freaks people out.

dextrous63

Raven