The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Remind us nearer the time Dex?  It would be nice if we got some summer whilst you're waiting.  Another grey, cool morning here.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I was up a bit late today and the house was decidedly chilly. The front faces east and opening the curtains to let what little sun there is in has improved things. I outright refuse to put the heating on mid June.

dextrous63

Thank you all.  It's a 30 min procedure and will involve an endoscope, small balloon (circa 8-14 mm diameter iirc) and a sedative to ease the gag reflex. 

Hopefully will make things easier to swallow.

On more pressing news...I actually saw the sun briefly, on my way to buy an emergency packet of dreamies for my extremely non-plussed cats who looked at the empty bowl and me, and at my cuppa.  I took the hint that the coffee will still be warm after I got back from Morrisons.

klondike

I needed an old style black magic marker. I decided to exercise my bus pass as I wanted some other stuff and went to town. Plenty of thin black permanent markers and some fat whiteboard markers the rest of the fat ones were highlighters. There was a pack of two that looked like they may have been OK in WH Smith but they were all done up in a plastic bubble so I couldn't check and what's more cost £8 or more so I left it.

Not many on Amazon either. After eliminating some cheapies with dire reviews it boiled down to a choice of £3.75 for one or 10 for £7.06. Same branded item too. Now I only want one and that probably only once but I still bought the 10. Doubtless when the time comes (hopefully after long enough for them to completely dry out) my kids will think I must have been nutty to collect magic markers just as I thought my mother was nutty when I inherited umpteen highlighters.

dextrous63

A man of your talents....I'm surprised you didn't get some bushes and ink and work on your Japanese calligraphy.

Alex

You must take after your Mum Klondy with the stationery addiction.  I inherited my Mum's kitchen gadget compulsion. :grin:

klondike

Supermarkets take advantage of most people's inclination to buy bigger quantities than actually needed because of the discount. I don't fall for it with the likes of food as the excess will be well past its best or waste or I'll just be sick of eating whatever it is. This  time I compared 79p to £3.75 and fell for it. You never know I might actually use them or just give some away. I did get 10 for less than the cost of two after all.

Raven

Going to the pool shortly, it's so wet here I think I'll be soaked by the time I get to the car. Bloody rotten weather.  :cry:

GrannyMac

I'm going later, class starts at 10.  I haven't looked outside yet, yesterday was wet again.  Flaming June it's not!

klondike

I blame the government. God hates Sunak.

Alex

Waiting for eggs to boil  :grin:  now that's boring !

Raven

Quote from: Alex on June 14, 2024, 11:54:45 AMWaiting for eggs to boil  :grin:  now that's boring !

Several times I've burned boiled eggs  :embarrassed: If I stayed in the kitchen it would be fine but, I tend to pop through to the day room for 5 minutes on the computer, forget all about the eggs and am reminded of them when they have boiled dry and exploded out of the pot.

Scrumpy

Just been to the garden Centre..
I think they were built especially for us older ones.. 

Good news Dextrous.. very good news..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on June 14, 2024, 01:24:17 PMSeveral times I've burned boiled eggs  :embarrassed: If I stayed in the kitchen it would be fine but, I tend to pop through to the day room for 5 minutes on the computer, forget all about the eggs and am reminded of them when they have boiled dry and exploded out of the pot.
OH left some on the other day and forgot about them til one exploded! Horrible smell too.