France on Fire

Started by Ashy, June 30, 2023, 10:12:33 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: Cassandra on July 02, 2023, 08:50:00 PMVery bad times are coming I fear. I lived in France for two years and know the brave French will fight their innate, pompous, little tit brained turd of a leader all the way to standstill and well done them.                                                                             

"Little tit brained turd ".  I love it  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

1955vintage

Might use that one for Scatterbrain on the other side.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

dextrous63

Quote from: Alex on July 03, 2023, 01:04:56 PM"Little tit brained turd ".  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
And that concludes the case for the defence, your honour😬😂😂

GrannyMac

I thought this was interesting. It seems youth is the common denominator in these riots.  Not specifically race or ethnicity. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/france-riots-politics-boy-shot-dead-by-police/

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I'm not sure I read it that way. It certainly says they are mostly young but the only mention of white is involvement of some hard-left whites. The rest talks of the disparity in police stops of non whites etc. These are probably mostly third or more generation Algerians imo. A group I don't doubt get treated badly and in return behave badly so the cycle continues.

GrannyMac

On reading it again, I believe you're right.  Whoever these disenfranchised youth are, it's worrying. I just hope this might make France push the EU harder on their stance on immigrants and the ECHR.

klondike

The problem is these aren't immigrants, They are French born. IMO the problem isn't really immigration it's that  these youths and probably their parents before them haven't integrated into French society and become French in any real sense of the world. 

We have the same thing here. They call it multiculturalism. I call it ghetoisation. The only way people will fit in properly is if they are encouraged to do so rather than what we see happening. We have tribes of black youths, tribes of muslim youths, probably tribes of  east European youths too. What we should have is British youths.

Raven

Quote from: klondike on July 03, 2023, 10:55:18 PMThe problem is these aren't immigrants, They are French born. IMO the problem isn't really immigration it's that  these youths and probably their parents before them haven't integrated into French society and become French in any real sense of the world.

We have the same thing here. They call it multiculturalism. I call it ghetoisation. The only way people will fit in properly is if they are encouraged to do so rather than what we see happening. We have tribes of black youths, tribes of muslim youths, probably tribes of  east European youths too. What we should have is British youths.

Yes, I think you have hit on the main problem.

klondike

I just watched Farage on catchup. Not presented by Farage who is off doubtless trying to sort out his bank account problems but by a cheeky chappie whose name I don't recall. There was a section in that saying pretty much the same thing pointing out that the levels of inward migration Europe is seeing pretty much make integration impossible. He also suggested that we probably aren't far from seeing similar here which I agree with and think I mentioned earlier either here or in another thread.

Ashy

It looks like the people who believe integration is possible, have failed to understand human nature, and even deny that there is such a thing. There is much more to it than skin colour.

dextrous63

One doesn't make an integrated cohesive society by flooding it within a couple of generations with peoples from different cultures, and pi$$ing off the locals while doing so.

GrannyMac

Many Algerians of course see France as the place to be!  Algeria was I believe, the first Arab country to be colonised by a European nation. It was actually part of France until 60 years ago. Sounds like a real love/hate relationship.

My personal belief is any incomer has to do most of the adapting.  For anyone staying in someone else's house, its their rules. If they don't like the rules, leave. 

July 04, 2023, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: Ashy on July 04, 2023, 08:49:12 AMIt looks like the people who believe integration is possible, have failed to understand human nature, and even deny that there is such a thing. There is much more to it than skin colour.
So true! My closest friend is black, born and brought up here, our backgrounds are quite dissimilar, but our values and attitudes are alike.

klondike

It seems a Go fund me appeal was set up for the police officer.

I wonder if he'll get it.

GrannyMac

I hope he gets support.  Its hardly surprising that the French police use their guns, I suppose he could claim he was under severe stress.  If police tell you to stop, you stop. 

Raven

Wasn't the boy driving the car at the police? Wasn't that why he was shot at?