Titanic Tourist Attraction Submarine.

Started by Diasi, June 19, 2023, 05:27:13 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

A debris field has been found in the area of the Titanic so it looks more & more like an implosion event.

The Titan's perspex viewing window was, on one news report, stated to be the largest submersible vehicle viewing window.

However, it seems it was only certified to a pressure depth of 1,000 metres & further depth testing & certification wasn't made on the basis of the cost.

Therefore it's reasonable to assume that this was the weak spot compared with the carbon fibre & titanium which had been engineered for the Titanic's depth, although some engineers have said the the carbon fibre should have been 7 inches thick & not the 5 inches that it was.

All this of course is just my opinion on what happened.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Ashy

Breitbart is reporting debris has been found, no other details.

Diasi

Quote from: Ashy on June 22, 2023, 05:37:57 PMBreitbart is reporting debris has been found, no other details.
The whole of the area is a debris field so one has to assume that it's debris which is not compatible with the Titanic.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on June 21, 2023, 09:08:33 PMVery interesting.  I had no idea about that.

But how did they get it to Lake Michigan?  Over land, I assume.

No, water all the way. From New York port sail to Albany up the Hudson River head for the Lake Erie Canal, near Liverpool (New York, not England) and the Three Rivers. Then take the Oswego Canal in New York State to reach Lake Ontario, head north and use the the Welland Canal and the Trent Severn Waterway to reach Lake Michigan.

The Sub was on a tour of the Lakes so probably went via the Detroit River to Lake Ontario. Lake Huron, and maybe Lake Superior too. It was a much viewed machine, shrouded in mystery and in those days looking like something from a Science Fiction novel.

[aged attachment deleted by system]
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Raven

The debris is from the sub. Gawd, I hope it was so quick they didn't have time to realise what was happening.  :cry:
BBC News - Titan sub debris field: Parts of missing sub's cover found, expert says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65991651

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65967464

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on June 22, 2023, 06:37:15 PMThe debris is from the sub. Gawd, I hope it was so quick they didn't have time to realise what was happening.  :cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-65967464
Well to give you some idea of the water pressure effect on soft items, a large McDonalds polystyrene drink cup would end up the size of a dressmaker's thimble within a millisecond, according to a demonstration I saw.

If my summation is correct I think they would probably have had a few seconds watching the perspex cracking.
[email protected]

Raven

There's going to be heads rolling over this. :sad:
How dare they let an unsafe sub go down.  :angry:
Greedy for the money the passengers paid maybe?  :downvote:

Scrumpy

Stockton Rush who was The Ocean Gate CEO was on board..
He once said
 ' At some point, safety is just pure waste. If you want to ,be safe , don't get out of bed'.

I think this guy had little regard for safety.. 
He is now eating his own words..
I find it extraordinary that passengers would go near anything that wasn't a 100% known to be safe.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 22, 2023, 07:35:23 PMStockton Rush who was The Ocean Gate CEO was on board..
He once said
 ' At some point, safety is just pure waste. If you want to ,be safe , don't get out of bed'.

I think this guy had little regard for safety..
He is now eating his own words..
I find it extraordinary that passengers would go near anything that wasn't a 100% known to be safe.
As I posted earlier, a scientist said it's not a Disneyland ride but while ever there are people willing to pay huge some of money for a thrill, there will always be someone willing to provide it.

Actually, Stockton Rush did do what Disneyland does, provide a thrill ride at a cost & just as Disneyland has had fatal accidents due to poor maintenance, so has Stockton Rush with design cost cutting.

It's only the prices & the ride that are different, the principle's exactly the same.
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on June 22, 2023, 07:35:23 PMI find it extraordinary that passengers would go near anything that wasn't a 100% known to be safe.
They do that every day. Nothing is 100% safe....

Mind you I suspect that buses are a few degrees of magnitude safer than that sub.

Ashy

At least a bus has an emergency exit.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 22, 2023, 08:09:36 PMYes.  I just hope it was instant.
It would be instant at the point of implosion but they still could have a few seconds of realisation.

Well the pilot & the owner certainly would.
[email protected]

Alex

I feel so sorry for the woman who has lost her husband and her son, so sad.

Michael Rolls

such sad news - but at least it was quick
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]