Titanic Tourist Attraction Submarine.

Started by Diasi, June 19, 2023, 05:27:13 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

In my opinion it imploded 1hr 45mins into the dive when all contact was lost.

At that time it should have been 15 mins from the seabed, if it was already on the seabed when contact was lost it must have been diving faster than it should have been.

The large viewing window hadn't been certified for the depths to which it was diving.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on June 21, 2023, 06:54:58 PMIn my opinion it imploded 1hr 45mins into the dive when all contact was lost.

At that time it should have been 15 mins from the seabed, if it was already on the seabed when contact was lost it must have been diving faster than it should have been.

The large viewing window hadn't been certified for the depths to which it was diving.
That is certainly possible, but what about the messages consisting of banging SOS in Morse Code more recently?
Numquam credere Gallicum

Scrumpy

How frightening.. 
A close friend of one of the passengers was interested in going on the dive but wasn't happy with the machine when he looked it over..
It seems they were bolted in from the outside.. 
There will be many stories to come ... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

"For I know that death hath ten thousand several doors for men to take their exits;
and 'tis found they go on such strange geometrical hinges,

You may open them both ways: any way, for heaven-sake"
- John Webster

The last line though doesn't seem apply to these adventurers sadly? Their hinges were bolted down coffinesque from the outside? Many people do things just because they can and that knowledge, accompanied by inauspicious wealth fortifies them into believing they are immortal.

Still no man should die for a desire to do something I hope they survive, but fear they'll never be found. Just imagine the fathers last minutes if he died last, knowing he committed his 19 year old son to a watery grave and watched as he breathed his last, poor poor man.

In a way as Diasi suggests I hope that it imploded, perhaps after an out of control descent. At least then the end was mercifully quick.

Thus the mighty Titanic gains five more victims.

There's a WW1 U boat at the bottom of Lake Michigan incidentally ...

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/u-boat-bottom-of-lake-michigan.html?chrome=1
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on June 21, 2023, 08:05:31 PMThere's a WW1 U boat at the bottom of Lake Michigan incidentally ...

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/war-articles/u-boat-bottom-of-lake-michigan.html?chrome=1
Very interesting.  I had no idea about that.

But how did they get it to Lake Michigan?  Over land, I assume.
Numquam credere Gallicum

Diasi

Quote from: JBR on June 21, 2023, 07:07:10 PMThat is certainly possible, but what about the messages consisting of banging SOS in Morse Code more recently?
I would take a lot of convincing as it's now being reported that it's not tapping in the SOS format but rather a noise that is heard every half hour or so.

I think the rescuers, understandably, are clutching at straws.

I also found Cassandra's link very interesting.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I'm sure I went on a U Boat a few years ago, or what was left of it, it's moored at Birkenhead.  I cant imagine anything worse than going underwater in a tin can !  Poor souls, hope they find them in time.

Diasi

Unless it's all part of an elaborate publicity stunt the submersible won't be found in time, & may even never be found, so the 5 onboard are already dead or soon will be.

Once the time has run out + another 24 hours, the search should stop & let it become another chapter in the Titanic story.
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on June 22, 2023, 07:48:37 AMUnless it's all part of an elaborate publicity stunt
I doubt that. For some any publicity is good publicity may be true but I can't believe that almost killing your customers can be good publicity for any business. IMO it's pretty much certain that this business is done for regardless. If, as seems very likely to me, the sub and passengers are not recovered intact that becomes even more certain. I can't imagine that the thing is insured.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on June 21, 2023, 08:05:31 PM"For I know that death hath ten thousand several doors for men to take their exits;
and 'tis found they go on such strange geometrical hinges,

You may open them both ways: any way, for heaven-sake"
- John Webster

Many people do things just because they can and that knowledge, accompanied by inauspicious wealth fortifies them into believing they are immortal.

Well written Cassandra... 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

The latest I have heard included a statement that the air will run out at midday today.
I'm afraid that, even should they actually find the thing now, by the time they can extract it the air will be long gone, and they will be rescuing only bodies.
Of course, that may bring some relief to relatives and friends.

Like virtually everybody else, there is no way I would ever go on one of those 'adventures'.

In my opinion, a far safer method of looking at the Titanic remains would be to send down a RPV which, of course, contain cameras.  These have, or could have, a cable connecting to the 'mother ship'(!) on the surface and anyone interested enough (scientists, or even tourists) could view the Titanic (or other things) with probably a similar standard of images, and without putting their lives at risk.

Hopefully, the company which runs these 'trips' will not be doing it any more.
Numquam credere Gallicum

klondike

Hopefully, the company which runs these 'trips' will not be doing it any more.

Buisness model 100% destroyed already.
Equipment probably destroyed or lost. How many of these do they have anyway? I suspect the answer may be 1 as this sounds like a pretty amateur outfit.

Diasi

Quote from: klondike on June 22, 2023, 08:30:59 AMI doubt that. For some any publicity is good publicity may be true but I can't believe that almost killing your customers can be good publicity for any business. IMO it's pretty much certain that this business is done for regardless. If, as seems very likely to me, the sub and passengers are not recovered intact that becomes even more certain. I can't imagine that the thing is insured.
It was a tongue-in-cheek comment to reinforce what I've said from the start that they aren't going to find it, as I doubt there's anything left to find.
[email protected]

klondike

Depends what went wrong. It's obviously too late now to save anybody but they may try to find wreckage and could even do that. They spent ages searching for that airliner without even having any clear idea what route was taken or where it may have crashed. They at least know where this thing started and where it intended to go.

That said I suspect you are right and nothing will be found.

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]