talking to ones self,

Started by alfred, June 11, 2023, 09:59:54 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

on rare occasions i find my wife talking to her self  just a few words here and there, so is it simply that she doesn't want to forget some thing of importance , or to remind herself of some thing she doesn't want to forget,

Q;   do you talk to your self or is it something we all do but forget it very quickly

Alex

All the time Alfred  :smiley: living on my own now, I do it even more !!

Michael Rolls

like Alex, I live alone now and talk to myself all the time - breaks up the silence of an empty house.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I tend to talk to the dog instead of myself. At least that's my excuse.  :grin:

klondike

To get an intelligent conversation it's always a good option.  :grin:

GrannyMac

Very true. After being married for over half a century sometimes it feels as if I'm talking to myself.  😉
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Jacqueline

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 11, 2023, 11:15:06 AMVery true. After being married for over half a century sometimes it feels as if I'm talking to myself.  😉
How I understand that!!!

dextrous63

Anyone who worked in schools knows that they talked to themselves as a living.

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on June 11, 2023, 11:15:06 AMVery true. After being married for over half a century sometimes it feels as if I'm talking to myself.  😉
Us men call that selective deafness.

Mind you I'm now certified as mutton by the NHS. Waiting for the local hospital audiology to take over. My GP referred me to a neighbouring town as their appointments were quicker. I agreed thinking I could easily swap to the local audiology once certified and kitted out.

Ridiculously it isn't that easy. The two places use different aids so I'll have to go through the whole process again and get different aids. What a waste of money in a NATIONAL Health service.

dextrous63

Meanwhile, my left ear is starting to fade.  I had a stapedectomy in it 42 years ago, so it's lasted well.  My GO referred me to audiology, who have very kindly arranged a hearing test in a nearby specsavers.  Outsourcing rules, eh?

Scrumpy

I don't talk to myself... I talk to my friend Clarence... He is a good listener.. and always comes back with the right answer..
Except yesterday when I stood on the landing wondering what I was doing there..
He waited until I got downstairs before telling me ...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: dextrous63 on June 11, 2023, 11:58:27 AMMeanwhile, my left ear is starting to fade.  I had a stapedectomy in it 42 years ago, so it's lasted well.  My GO referred me to audiology, who have very kindly arranged a hearing test in a nearby specsavers.  Outsourcing rules, eh?
Be sure not to get talked in to buying their aids then. I doubt they are much better than free NHS ones and can cost thousands.

June 11, 2023, 12:10:30 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on June 11, 2023, 12:00:58 PMI don't talk to myself... I talk to my friend Clarence... He is a good listener.. and always comes back with the right answer..
Except yesterday when I stood on the landing wondering what I was doing there..
He waited until I got downstairs before telling me ...
I might know him too...

Michael Rolls

After I talked to Veronica, I talked to Fleur, but now that I have lost her as well, there's only me left
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Michael.. Everyone has a Clarence.. Give him a go..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..