voting,

Started by alfred, June 08, 2023, 09:15:59 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

for some years now like many of you i too voted but over time realised  that voting didn't change anything and some politicians are the words best liars  promising you, this and that,and when in power suddenly forget their promises,

as a result no longer vote in either local council or government issues what ever the cost as i know little or anything else will be pointless and useless as these politicians do what they want not listening to the 
general publics  wishes,

Q;  are you a voter do you trust these politicians and their so called promises.

Michael Rolls

I am a voter, although I have virtually no faith in current politicians - oh for the likes of Alec Douglas Hume! A friend worked in Number 10 during his tenure and her opinion (she was one of the PM's personal secretaries ) was that he was 'as straight as a die'!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I got a postal vote from when most of the summer was spent away from home at a static caravan. Even so I haven't bothered to vote in local elections for many years. I do in general elections and the Conservatives got my very last vote for them in 2019. I shall vote for Reform if they stand at the next election in the vain hope that I may help them retain their deposit. I am expecting a Labour government to follow and the decline of the country to accelerate.

Alex

I too will vote for Reform.  Better than wasting your vote Alfred why don't you vote for Reform too ?

Raven

I'm in a real pickle. :cry: I have always voted and never missed, first for Labour then the SNP. But now that Nicola has left I no longer feel right with the SNP and I loathe the fact they are having to power share with those damn Greens. :angry: I am left with no party to vote for so I suppose I will not be able to vote for the first time ever, and it doesn't sit well with me at all. :angry:

Diasi

I vote in all elections because if I don't then I don't have any right to complain about the local council or the Government.

In May I voted for the two independents but the LibDems took their seats along with the leadership of the council.

I'll vote for the Reform candidate, if we have one, at the next General Election.

If we don't I'll vote for our current MP who's a Conservative.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on June 08, 2023, 10:35:53 AMIf we don't I'll vote for our current MP who's a Conservative.
Aren't you afraid that will be a wasted vote?  :grin:

Alex

Reform has said there will be a candidate in every constituency at the General election, they had so few at the last locals

Sheila

I will vote Reform because I don't like or trust any of the other parties.

GrannyMac

OH has said he'll vote Reform, I'll probably do the same. I didn't vote in the last local election, it was a toss up between Labour and Greens! Never miss a GE though. Living in South Yorks and voting Tory (which I have done except in '97) always felt pointless but I did it.

Now, like so many people, I feel politically homeless.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Tories, sorry the (Iib/green fifth column) are the present lunatics running the asylum for the seekers. Labour are tomorrows replacements waiting to take over.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...