contradiction

Started by Michael Rolls, April 04, 2023, 09:33:49 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

in the understandable furore over the ludicrously lenient sentence handed down to Hogg, the rapist of a 13 year old child, it is interesting to compare the SNP's attitude to youngish criminals, whom thet want only imprisoned as a very last resort. Reading teh reasoning behind their attitude I was struck by the comment that human brains aren't fully formed until around the age of 30 - used as an excuse for their approach to crime and punishment - but they are happy to allow less than fully developed 16 year old brains vote and self-declare gender assignment.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

That's very true Michael, someone should point that out to them.  This little dog may have the right idea !

[/url]

Cassandra

Incredible, the sentencing 'guidance' to Judges is a complete farce.

I'd bet on a decisive reversion upon appeal, at least I'd hope so, but it is still 'Krankieland' and therefore somewhat akin to the funny house!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

I have regarded the English penal system as being unfit for purpose for several years now, but the Scottish equivalent seems to be really quite ridiculous unless, of course, it is designed to encourage crime.

Anyway, I have been reading reports that the SNP is (finally) beginning to lose support from their electorate and that there is some wonderful news that Labour might take the lead next time.

Of course, that is almost certain to make things even worse.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

I honestly believe that, for Scotland, even Labour would be better than the SNP who are failing on every count, and with the gender reassignment rubbish making themselves look ridiculous
[email protected]

GrannyMac

I think you're right.  I was appalled by the sentence, and the fact it took four years to get to court. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Another nail in the Tory coffin for Westminster.

Michael Rolls

Quote from: klondike on April 05, 2023, 09:59:18 AMAnother nail in the Tory coffin for Westminster.

How do you come to that conclusion?
[email protected]

klondike

Less SNP seats means more Labour seats. At least with any luck there won't be any need for a Labour SNP coalition although the polls suggest there wouldn't be any need for one anyway.

Michael Rolls

with you now - Labour have said they wouldn't join with the SNP in Westminster, and currently the SNP are beginning to worry about rumours that, given the total unionist vote at the last Holyrood elections was something like 53% to the SNP's 41%., there might be agreement between the anti-nationalists not to stand against each other in seats were there is a chance of defeating the SNP -something devoutly to be be wished, although I do wonder about the likelihood
[email protected]

klondike

Before the SNP hit the self destruct button and the Tories made an even more serious effort to lose all their seats I was running with the assumption that things would be close and we'd get a Lab/SNP coalition with the price being another refendum.

If the Tory party somehow survives the efforts of its current MPs then I imagine we'll have a straight Labour government carefully following the same high tax, high spend, high immigration full on Net Zero current Tory agenda with the Tories coming in one or two parliaments later to solve all the problems that will bring by promising  to scrap all that crap then failing to do so.

By the time all that is over I'll probably be dumped in a chair in front of a TV dribbling from one end and leaking from the other all paid for by what I had hoped would be my legacy to the next generation. Or I turn out to be luckier and will have gone up the chimney.

Raven

At one time I would have been chuffed to bits to have a Labour Government. Not now though they are too Tory, and just as Toxic. In the whole history of Labour they have never been lead by a man with Sir in front of his name, that's unbelievable, the old Labour Leaders must be turning in their graves as it goes against everything Labour and Reeks of Tory. :boo:

Alex

Personally I think the Tories are too Labour, not the other way around  :yay:

GrannyMac

I have little idea what any of them are any more!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I know exactly what they all are.