Child Care

Started by Diasi, March 15, 2023, 03:27:04 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

Good news for women who can't afford kids but who want to knock them out regardless.

I'll be helping to fund their free child care with the extra tax I'll be paying on my pensions.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

The trouble is if they don't knock them out we just import them as adults.

Raven

I'm very old school on this subject and I have been torn to shreds over my views on it. But they still remain the same and I doubt they will ever change. :waiting:
If you want children that's great, BUT, IMO you look after them yourself. You don't have them and return to work ASAP. I gave up a good career when I chose to start a family and I was prepared to do it, I went from being a Personnel Officer with a not bad wage to a full time mum with no wage, just my husbands who was a bus driver at the time and on a middling sort of wage but I did it as did many others of my generation, I didn't return to work untill my children were in school, then I went back to work part time.
People have told me things are different now and I should accept it but I don't accept it's right to have a baby then expect somebody else to look after it. Some kiddies today don't even seem to know who their mum is. That as far as I'm concerned is wrong. :angry:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Raven on March 16, 2023, 11:02:43 AMI'm very old school on this subject and I have been torn to shreds over my views on it. But they still remain the same and I doubt they will ever change. :waiting:
If you want children that's great, BUT, IMO you look after them yourself. You don't have them and return to work ASAP. I gave up a good career when I chose to start a family and I was prepared to do it, I went from being a Personnel Officer with a not bad wage to a full time mum with no wage, just my husbands who was a bus driver at the time and on a middling sort of wage but I did it as did many others of my generation, I didn't return to work untill my children were in school, then I went back to work part time.
People have told me things are different now and I should accept it but I don't accept it's right to have a baby then expect somebody else to look after it. Some kiddies today don't even seem to know who their mum is. That as far as I'm concerned is wrong. :angry:
I did much the same Raven, my mum was always at the school gate for me too.  No matter what they say you can't have it all, what's the point of having kids that someone else looks after and passes on their own views on things to?   Dragging poor little babies out at the crack of dawn to a nursery, it's not right.

Alex

I agree about dragging babies out to nursery is wrong, but sometimes there's no choice.  My lad and DIL have spent tens of thousands on fees for a good nursery, no Government help then for under 3s.  The other grandmother and myself were too old to take on shared care of a baby and they didn't expect us to !    My DIL earns a lot more than my son, so she had to go back to work if they wanted to keep their home.  THey just have the one child and there won't be any more.

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on March 16, 2023, 11:02:43 AMI'm very old school on this subject and I have been torn to shreds over my views on it. But they still remain the same and I doubt they will ever change. :waiting:
It started with the Millenial generation who can't have two cars &  three foreign holidays per year on one wage.

When I was a kid you could name the handful of Mums in our village who worked.

The mother of my children was a full-time Mum & we made do with my salary.

This getting them back into the economy while they have toddlers is a load of bollocks as not many women will pay nearly as much income tax as they get in child care.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I agree with you, ladies. My dad died, aged just 49, leaving mum, aged just past her 40th birthday, to look after the three of us, aged 14, 10, and 8. but when we we were little,  they would not have dreamt of dumping us with someone else. I suppose that the fact that there was a war on - I was born in 1937, Vernon in 1941, Sheila in 1944, had a bearing - it really was a different world.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

I don't know about two cars and three holidays but there are millions who can't afford their own property given the huge increase in house prices. Almost certainly the reason is the  massive population increase that has outpaced new building. This population increase is little to do with women who want to knock them out.