Labour stealing Tory Policies

Started by klondike, February 27, 2023, 09:17:58 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

'Uncontrolled Immigration, Reckless Spending' – Tories Bizarrely Accuse Labour of Adopting Tory Policies

Britain's governing Conservative (Tory) Party has bizarrely accused the opposition Labour Party of pursuing a policy platform essentially indistinguishable from their own.
"Labour's mission is clear (sort of)," they wrote in what was presumably intended to be a humourous Twitter post, accompanied by a wilting rose emoji.

The bulk of the post was taken up with a digital poster outlining Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer's alleged "5 missions", namely:
Uncontrolled immigration
Reckless Spending
Higher Debt
Softer Sentences

Full piss take: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/02/26/uncontrolled-immigration-reckless-spending-tories-bizarrely-accuse-labour-adopting-tory-policies/

You couldn't make it up  :grin:

Raven

Well they are no longer Labour, they are Tory Lite.  :yell:

Michael Rolls

and Tories are Labour/Liberal lite  :yell:  :yell:  :yell:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

I'm watching Reform with interest.  

Raven

Quote from: Sheila on February 27, 2023, 09:43:47 AMI'm watching Reform with interest. 

I think a lot of people are, BUT, will they have the guts to vote for them?

GrannyMac

We may, although the way our boundary was changed usually gives Labour a clear victory in GEs.  Two of our three councillors, in our area of the ward are Greens.  :worried:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: Raven on February 27, 2023, 11:03:10 AMI think a lot of people are, BUT, will they have the guts to vote for them?
Nothing to lose IMO. Both the main parties are abysmal with no noticeable difference in their policies and the LibDems even worse. Mind you if they did by some miracle get elected remember what the money men did when Truss became PM and had the temerity to make a tiny cut in tax or was it just not increasing it so much?