Rebel in the ranks.. !!

Started by Scrumpy, December 13, 2022, 11:06:19 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

My daughter Marnie and her husband Richard are in the habit of using sanitiser on their hands before they leave the house and when using the train.. Richard holds up the palms of his hands waiting for Marnie to squirt sanitiser on to them.. They do this, even on the train..
But it all changed on Saturday when returning from London with a group of friends.. Marnie applied her sanitiser then held it out toward Richard..
His arms remained at his side.. and he boldly said 'I don't need any'..
 He was with his mates and he didn't want them to think he was a wuss..
:grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Ashy

He was right. That stuff does as much harm as good. It's a charade.

Scrumpy

klondike

Quote from: Ashy on December 13, 2022, 11:11:37 AMHe was right. That stuff does as much harm as good. It's a charade.
About the only thing any of the lockdown measures succeeded in doing was depleting the public purse and enriching many individuals and companies. Health outcomes are far worse than if they had done nothing at all too. 

Alex

I use hand sanitizer, especially when handling supermarket trollies   :smiley:

Scrumpy

I have used it for many years.. I don't touch anything that has been handled by others .. and I never sit down on a public loo..  

1955vintage

The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Raven

I use it after I've used the fuel pump at the garage. Also when I come out of the supermarket. Keep a wee bottle in the car at all times, along with a packet of wet wipes.

Scrumpy

Raven.. Call me stupid if you like but surely it is better to use ( before) you use the pumps and (before) you go in to a supermarket..

Ashy

Probably better to clean your hands after using the fuel pump.
Don't worry you are most unlikely to catch anything off one of those unless perhaps your skin is broken.
But if it's dirty or you got fuel on your hands it makes sense to clean it off them.
Personally I'd apply the same logic to any task.
If you feel at significant risk, wear gloves.

Michael Rolls

I use disposable examination gloves before using the fuel pump and throw them away before going in to pay, exchanging them for my leather driving gloves - upon which I use sanitiser when back in the car
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on December 13, 2022, 07:51:18 PMRaven.. Call me stupid if you like but surely it is better to use ( before) you use the pumps and (before) you go in to a supermarket..

Old habits die hard, with me anyway. I always find my hands smell of diesel after I fill up. So several years ago I got into the habit of hand cleaning afterwards, gets rid of the pong. Same at Tesco, clean after I get back to the car, though that only started with the lockdown rules, just kept right on doing it.  :smiley:

Alex

I use sanitizer after I've put my trolley back and after I've used the petrol pump, I thought everyone did. I did use the stuff provided in supermarkets before I went in, but not all have sanitizer or paper towels now.