Richard Tice

Started by Sheila, December 11, 2022, 12:09:45 PM

« previous - next »

Sheila

The leader of Reform is on Talk TV at the moment if anyone is interested.

Alex

I like Richard Tice, but Nigel is a hard act to follow, I'm not sure he can win much with The Reform UK Party.

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on December 11, 2022, 08:07:02 PMI like Richard Tice, but Nigel is a hard act to follow, I'm not sure he can win much with The Reform UK Party.

I agree I found Tice's Sunday Sermon spot patronising and cardboard, which is what he is really. Right ideas, wrong delivery and absolutely zero charisma, same formula as Starmer. Nigel is currently the President of Reform UK incidentally. It's where he was elevated too, after the split that resulted in UKIP dividing and a man from my late profession taking over, (Mr Christine Hamilton). If it's going to succeed at all it needs Nigel to lead from the front, not Tice, who would have as much appeal to Red Wall voters as Sooty!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Ashy

Mr Tice may not be much but at the moment he's really all we have.

I notice that there are moves in the conservative party to bring it back on track but I doubt if they can pull it off, there are too many vested interests.

GrannyMac

'Mr Christine Hamilton'! Very good Cass.  :grin:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I agree that the only chance of Reform getting anywhere is if Farage makes a return and heads it up. Still not a great deal of hope then. They'll get my vote anyway. As this is a Tory marginal Labour will be in whatever I do.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on December 12, 2022, 09:34:53 AMI agree that the only chance of Reform getting anywhere is if Farage makes a return and heads it up. Still not a great deal of hope then. They'll get my vote anyway. As this is a Tory marginal Labour will be in whatever I do.
I feel the same and, come what may, am determined to vote for Reform (assuming they stand in my constituency).
I see that many Telegraph readers are intending to do the same, but I have no idea if there will be enough votes at the end of the day.
I can only do what my vote allows me to do, and if we end up with a Labour government, which seems likely, we shall all suffer as the country will sink even further.
Nobody's fault other than our own, of course.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

The Reform UK Party had a candidate in the recent Chester election - the sitting Labour MP resigned after a sex scandal - surprise surprise !  However Reform UK polled under 800 votes.

JBR

Quote from: Alex on December 12, 2022, 12:29:00 PMThe Reform UK Party had a candidate in the recent Chester election - the sitting Labour MP resigned after a sex scandal - surprise surprise !  However Reform UK polled under 800 votes.
This is why we have interminable two-party politics!
PR might help.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

That Guy Fawkes bloke had the right idea.