New HOC SNP leader

Started by Michael Rolls, December 06, 2022, 07:57:43 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

AS expected, Stephen Flynn is the new SNP leader in the HoC - don't know how he will compare to Blackford, but I was mildly irritated by this quote of his:-
>"Families across Scotland are paying a devastating price under Westminster control, with Brexit, austerity cuts and the Tory cost of living crisis hammering household budgets.<
One could be forgiven for thinking that only Scotland is suffering in this way
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

I don't know anything about this guy.

klondike

I'm not surprised. He's still wet behind the ears.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Flynn_(Scottish_politician)

Stephen Mark Flynn[1] (born 13 October 1988)[2] is a Scottish politician who has served as the leader of the Scottish National Party (SNP) in the House of Commons since December 2022. He has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Aberdeen South since the 2019 general election.[3]
In December 2022, Flynn announced his intention to run in the election to succeed Ian Blackford as the SNP Westminster leader.[4] He defeated Alison Thewliss to become leader.[5]

Alex

Who's the woman SNP member I saw mouthing off about payments to 18 to 22 year olds in Scotland ?    She looked like a fella tbh  :grin:

klondike

Alex

No it was a woman in a trouser suit, maybe she's deputy for Stephen Flynn.   I can't find where I saw it now, typical !

Raven

She's Mhairi Black, and that young girl has been on the up in the SNP since she joined. She's too young at the moment but mark my words....She will lead the party one day.
Now there's a younger generation in charge down there, so we should see some changes. Both her and the new Leaders ages don't even add up to Ian Blackfords age. Watch out for fireworks, they will be a whole new kettle of fish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mhairi_Black

1955vintage

Is Mel Gibson still not available?
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

Alex

Quote from: 1955vintage on December 10, 2022, 09:31:36 AMIs Mel Gibson still not available?

He's still trying to work out What Women Want  :clap: