World Cup 2022

Started by Alex, November 22, 2022, 07:55:05 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Argentina entered this world cup as second favourites to win it, behind Brazil.  But the great Argentina WITH Lionel Messi lost today, to lowly Saudi Arabia  :shocked: 

However, some supporters 'jokingly' believe the defeat could be part of a masterplan from Argentina because if the Argies top Group C and Brazil win Group G - as they are expected to - then the South American arch-rivals would be in the same half of the knockout draw.

BUT should Argentina finish second in their group behind one of Saudi Arabia, Mexico or Poland, they would go into the bottom half and potentially meet Brazil in the final.  I don't understand how the groupings work, but I'm always up for a conspiracy theory  :grin:  :grin:

So, a set up for a Brazil-Argentina final.

klondike

Throwing a match early sounds dangerous to me or is there no chance they could actually go out?

1955vintage

And now Germany have lost, so who knows what is going on.

:yay: :yay: :yay:
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

Is it super hot out there? Maybe preparation is coming into it and the strong teas were over confident or something. Not that I have a clue about football.

Cassandra

Thanks to amazing and state of the art, no expense spared 'pitch level' air conditioning, the temperature is very tolerable, especially in the evening matches. I have a friend out there who travels to every World Cup and remembers the horrors of 'Mexico' in 1970 with searing heat and 100% humidity. He emailed to say 'it's a pleasure to get the cooling wave of 'air con' and that they swapped their higher level stand seats to be closer to pitch level to gain the best benefit. He also reports you can get any drink you like, but that it's served in certain places (like pubs) and at 'respectful times'. He's staying on a 'Cruise Ship', where the service is apparently excellent to date. So far he reckons it's one of the best W.C's he's ever been too and says there's no trouble either amongst or between fans across the board, who are returning the respect their being shown. He believes perhaps the days of coarse British boozed up thug fans is over, "people just don't drink - like they used too".
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

Well there's no chance Wales will win the world cup - SORRY 'Cymru' but if there was a cup for the best song they'd win it hands down !  The old guy singing wrote this song 40 years ago, Welsh fans adopted it.

Alex

Yesterday Morocco beat Belgium 2 - 0 here are immigrant Moroccans in Belgium celebrating !

https://twitter.com/i/status/1597142385028640768

Their celebrations were to riot in the street, destroying property, attacking police & ambulances.  Good job they didn't lose. :boo:

klondike

Are England still in or is it time I took my flag down?

Scrumpy

I actually watched most of the England Wales match last night..
  Well done England.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on November 30, 2022, 11:42:48 AMI actually watched most of the England Wales match last night..
  Well done England..

I find that sadly now because of Gary Kneewoker, Harry Armband and the FA I now want England to lose and have switched my allegiance to the USA! :evil:

Alex

You Traitor you!  :shocked:  when Saint Gary starts spouting, just turn the sound off  :grin:

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on December 01, 2022, 03:40:50 PMYou Traitor you!  :shocked:  when Saint Gary starts spouting, just turn the sound off  :grin:

I find his 'Cat-weasle' mush equally depressing I'm afraid and it's all the others too, Nevilleremoaner and old mother Southgatewoke etc. Over here was of course the birthplace of woke, with the 'Democratic States' like of course 'California' (doodah ville) the worse, closely followed by New York. Michigan has a huge left wing bias because of Detroit and its black lives matter populus. In the 'sticks', like here despite being afflicted by a State Governor from the Dementia party, the counties are far more Republican in outlook :grin:

Scrumpy

Australia for me then..  I don't like Lineker either..  :angry:
  Or maybe Japan.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

England for me even though I can't stand Gareth bloody Southgate or St. Gary Lineker  He should stick to flogging Walkers Crisps ! 

Alex

Why was the Senegal team all black  - what about diversity ?  :busted: