Just Stop Oil

Started by Michael Rolls, November 07, 2022, 12:49:58 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

I see that the silly sods are at it again, causing chaos on the M25 in the Monday morning rush hour. Under the law it is a criminal offence to interfere with the free movement of traffic on the King's highway, so why aren't they being arrested - ALL of them, not just a handful?
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

They won't get much in the way of hard policing. They aren't objecting to illegal migrants.

Michael Rolls

very true - I sometimes wish we had the ability to police ourselves!
[email protected]

Alex

That girl must have been taking lessons from St. Greta !

Jacqueline

The young girl interviewed on the gantry over the M25, said she had no future and was in tears as if it was happening next week.  Even if we are killing our planet it will be a long gradual process, I read that man will probably become extinct in 7,800,000 years.  The invasion by illegals is more important to us all, this white girl will have no future here as we will be so overcrowded.  Cop 27 should be talking about world population control.

klondike

From what I read they were defying a court order so she does have a future but that future will probably include a short spell in jail fending off the transgender blokes in there. I was thinking about possible problems getting a job after but on reflection she likely doesn't have one anyway.

Michael Rolls

why work for a living when you can change the world? :1020:
[email protected]

Ashy

What I don't understand is, one of the men filmed himself on the bridge and the traffic was flowing underneath. He was 20 or 30 feet above the road.

So why did the police stop the traffic? Are they complicit?

klondike

Danger to the traffic. Who wants 150lb of rancid lard through their windscreen when they are driving on the motorway.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Ashy

1. They were on a staff walkway on a bridge
2. They were not threatening to jump
3. A speed limit would have done
4. That lot would have missed anyway

klondike

This one wasn't on a walkway. He climbed a gantry

Nor were these today...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1694108/M25-travel-just-stop-oil-protest-junction-30-climate-change

M25 traffic chaos after two HGVs crash during peak rush hour as eco-mob halts vehicles
A police officer was struck by a car while responding to protests. Some 10 Just Stop Oil activists have climbed onto overhead gantries on the M25, forcing traffic to stop in several sections across the motorway.

A police officer was struck by a car and injured as he responded to Just Stop Oil activists targeting the M25 for the third day in a row. Massive disruptions in traffic have occurred on the busy road, as the activists protest about climate emergency and urge the government to halt new oil and gas licenses.

Meanwhile, the M25 also closed after two lorries crashed near Junction 25 on the motorway close to Enfield.

Alex

I've just been reading about a man who missed his father's funeral where he should have been a pallbearer.  How sad is that, he didn't get chance to say goodbye to his Dad because of these morons.  They should have kept traffic moving 20mph or so :waiting:

Ashy

I agree, there is no significant danger to traffic and no obstruction of the carriageway. I simply do not understand why the police should want the traffic stopped unless they are complicit.

Alex

They're given far too much publicity, one of the news channel actually interviews them, I think its Talk TV