Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Vlad

Hung over this morning, I went out on the lash with a couple of mates last night, a belated birthday party...I woke up very early this morning next to a a snoring farting woman. It seems I got home safely.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Alex

Scrumpy

Have a great day Mups at your son's wedding.. I hope the sun shines .. What colour is your hat. ?

September 07, 2024, 12:38:14 PM
Quote from: Vlad on September 07, 2024, 10:47:43 AMHung over this morning, I went out on the lash with a couple of mates last night, a belated birthday party...I woke up very early this morning next to a a snoring farting woman. It seems I got home safely.
Shouldn't laugh really..  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Quote from: Mups on September 07, 2024, 10:13:04 AMBig day today.      My son's wedding. 

Best go and get myself ready. . . .
👍👍👍👍👍
Have a great, great day!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Hope the wedding was lovely, and your earache has cleared up Mups.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

A belated hope all went well and congratulations to the bride and groom.

Mups

Thank you ever so much for your kind wishes Scrumpy, Michael, GrannyMac, Klondike and Dex.

It was a really lovely day.  My new D.I.L.  looked beautiful in her white lacy dress, and everything went perfectly.
It's funny, because she has got the same first name as me,  which is sometimes confusing enough,  but now they are married,  she has got the same second name as me as well!   How  weird is that!   :)

I had to leave this evening when the dancing started though  -  well after the first dance anyway -   as it was the loudest disco music I have ever heard in my life.   With my ongoing ear problems it really hurt, and I couldn't cope.

So with that,  and the awful bright flashing disco lights,  it was time to go. 
But otherwise,  a beautiful day, and I felt so proud of him.
 I never thought I'd see him settle down,  but that's what love does for us, isn't it.   :-*

Alex

GrannyMac

It sounds lovely Mups. 💕  My daughter was in her forties when she got married, she'd had boyfriends, but never one she wanted to make a permanent fixture.  The wedding was beautiful, but the disco was deafening!  Fortunately it was warm and there were lovely gardens, so we oldies headed outside. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Silver Tabby

Hello. Woke up this morning hardly able to breathe - that Cat was sitting on my chest! We had words about it, then I went to the kitchen and fed him - honestly - I was only 10 mins later than usual. Raining here now (and for the rest of the day ) so indoor pursuits only. One of my friends has asked me to do some die-cutting for her, so that will keep me busy for a while. Tea and Toast first !

Have a happy day everyone.

Scrumpy

Well done Mups.. So pleased you managed to get as far as the disco...
 Loud Disco's don't do it for me either.. I don't even recognise the music anymore..
.. and as for dancing.. I prefer to do that alone in my kitchen..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

So glad it all went well.  Don't blame you for making an escape from disco o'clock.

Mups

'Aft 'noon all.    Thanks again for the good wishes,  you're very kind.

Last night my daughter-in-law also gave me this verse in an envelope.

Last night I read the first verse and could feel myself welling up.
I didn't want to start bawling in front of everyone,   so I popped it back in the envelope until I got home.
Just read it this morning and this is what it said.  Talk about tear-jerker . . . 

"I knew the day I met him
That he would be the one
He stole my heart, and made it his,
That person is your son.

You raised him to be gentle,
Yet strong and loving too,
I am about to become his wife
And I wanted to thank you.

For all you've done throughout the years,
To make him who he's become
He means the world and more to me,
So thank you for sharing your son."

Lots of love,   Jean x x

Alex

How lovely is that ! sounds like he's married a kind hearted girl  :upvote:

As mother of the groom we do miss out on some things, so I was surprised and pleased when my future daughter-in-law asked me to go with her and her Mum to choose a wedding dress.